11 - dinner

Y/N'S POV

_

*previous chapter*

"I came here for 3 things. First of all, Fury wants you to fill in a whole document about what you will set yourself up in, missions, reports, paperwork, assistance, training, that's due tomorrow." He says and lets a bunch of papers fall on my desk.

"Second of all, Wanda told us what happened and what she knew a few months ago. After you left, we never stayed mad at you because she said that you were just scared to be rejected. But Natasha also told us you strangled her, we could see the mark that it had left! What's that about?" He says, being protective over his best friend.

"I did not mean to strangle her! It was a reflex at first, and then I was too choked to take it away! And she didn't do anything either so we just stood there without moving. Can you tell her I'm sorry about that, please?" I say hoping that it would make sense to him.

"You're saying sorry to her." He says firmly not giving me any place to argue.
"I doubt she would want to talk to me," I say remembering the looks she had given me today.

"You do it. And then the third thing is that we have a meeting for tasks tomorrow that is mandatory. Everyone kind of chooses if they want to cook, what day, grocery shopping,... We change every few months but as you are here now officially, not just a mission from SHIELD, you have to participate. Jarvis will send you a reminder tomorrow" He informs me.

"Okay, I will be there," I say making a mental note to ask Jarvis how late.

"Oh and dinner will be ready around 7 pm, I do recommend you eat something beforehand. Kate's cooking is not always great." He says smiling at the thought.

"Is Kate still here?" I ask hopeful. I liked her the time I showed her around.

"Yeah, she is. Who do you think took in your old room?" He says smirking, then walking out.
"See you later!" He says and closes the door.

_

I still had around 3 hours before dinner. So I take the pile of papers from my desk and start filling them in. 

Missions; when mandatory
    --> Mission reports every time after missions 
Paperwork;  when mandatory
Training; every day, preference alone
Helping mission set-up; when mandatory
...

So basically I mostly write mandatory. I did that at SHIELD too and Nick still found a way to put me on 2 missions each week, I'm not risking more this time.

I continue filling everything in.

 It was nearing 6 pm so I got up and took a shower. 

In the shower, I just can't stop thinking about Yelena. Why did she just leave without saying goodbye to me? I thought we were friends, best friends. Maybe she just saw me as someone from the red room with shared trauma and felt bad... 

I step out of the shower and change clothes. I still have 15 minutes so I start unpacking my bag into the drawers. 

*knock knock*

"Yes?" I say looking at the closed door.
Wanda opens the door and smiles at me. "Dinner is ready".

I nod and follow her. 

We walk in silence to the elevator. 

"What did you tell the others?" I asked her, as I just kept wondering about it.
"The truth.  No more lying Y/n." She says stepping into the elevator.