Chapter 22: Vanta Vermillion

"Issei Hyoudou! Lay down your weapons! You are surrounded!" Diehauser says in a stern tone.

Issei's facial expression becomes cold before replying, "All I am surrounded by is fear and dead men," he says coldly.

Everyone surrounding Issei is shocked by his defiance; he is outmatched and outgunned, yet he is defiant.

"Attack him!" Lord Bael shouts to the other devils

Some weaker-minded devils followed the order and charged up magic circles, ready to attack.

"Wait!" Diehauser shouts but is too late

Magic and demonic power were shot towards Issei, who made no move to counter, not yet at least. Issei closes his eyes and waits patiently; the moment the attacks get close enough to give, he opens his eyes, showing his glowing red eyes, dissipating the incoming attacks.

At that moment, Issei unleashed his aura; everyone in the vicinity felt the surroundings become much colder, sinking, drowning, and suffocating around them. Some weaker Devils collapse under the pressure; most drop to their knees, and the rest grit their teeth in frustration while breathing heavily.

"Such an overwhelming aura!" Diehauser exclaimed in shock

Issei's aura intensified, causing the air to vibrate with an ominous energy. The powerful force emanating from him was suffocating, creating an oppressive atmosphere that weighed heavily on everyone present. Even those with considerable strength struggled to withstand the intensity of Issei's aura.

The people most affected by Issei's aura burst were two members of Sairaorg's Peerage, Corianna and Kuisha. The two developed PTSD due to Issei's overwhelming and brutal fighting style, which he displayed during the Rating Match between Rias and Sairaorgs Peerage. They gripped their neck in panic and started hyperventilating, eyes wide in horror as if reliving the nightmare that haunts them in their dream.

As Corianna and Kuisha struggled to cope with the resurgence of their traumatic memories, the rest of Sairaorg's Peerage rushed to their aid. Regulus, one of the members, immediately knelt beside them, trying to offer comfort and support.

"Corianna, Kuisha, stay with me. You're safe; it's over now," Regulus reassured them, his voice calm but laced with concern.

Corianna's hands trembled as she struggled to control her breathing, her eyes darting around frantically as if searching for an escape from the overwhelming fear. Meanwhile, Kuisha clenched her fists, her body rigid with tension as she fought against the onslaught of memories flooding her mind.

Sairaorg, their peerage leader, approached them with a determined expression, his eyes filled with empathy.

"Corianna, Kuisha, focus on my voice. You're strong; you've faced adversity before, and you'll overcome this," Sairaorg encouraged them, his voice carrying a reassuring tone.

Despite his words of encouragement, the effects of Issei's aura lingered, casting a shadow over the peerage members who had suffered in the past.

Suddenly, Issei felt a hand on his shoulder; he turned back and saw Azazel, who most likely appeared here through a magic circle.

"Come on now, Issei, do you really want them to shit themselves?" Azazel asks in a jovial manner, seemingly unphased by Issei's aura burst

Seeing Azazel here, Issei lowered his aura, which allowed everyone to catch their breath and composure.

Feeling Azazel's reassuring presence, Issei let out a sigh of relief. Despite the situation's tension, Azazel's light-hearted approach managed to ease some lingering tension in the air.