CHAPTER 12 -York New-

Start from the beginning

Ringo's initial concern deepened as the little girl led her through the narrow, dimly lit alleyways.

"Are you sure this is where you last saw your mommy?" Ringo asked as her eyes scanned the area.

"Yeah!" The kid chimed.

'What kind of parents bring their child in this dark alleyway?'

The ominous feeling in the air heightened with each step, but Ringo pressed on, driven by her determination to help.

"...?"

As they ventured deeper into the alley, Ringo noticed they were now far enough from the café and her group of friends. The girl suddenly loosened her grip and darted away into the shadows, leaving Ringo bewildered.

"Wait! Where are you going?"

She turned around, trying to make sense of the situation, only to discover that the girl had vanished without a trace.

"Huh?"

The echoes of her voice seemed to be swallowed by the darkness, and as Ringo turned around to retrace her steps, she bumped into an unexpected obstacle.

BUMP.

"Hey, watch it!" Rubbing her nose from the collision, she looked up with an intent to voice her frustration, but her words got caught in her throat.

"...!"

Instead of a person, Ringo found herself face to face with a machine-like humanoid creature, its cold, metallic exterior gleaming in the dim light of the alley. Its red eyes glowed menacingly in the dim light, and its mechanical features revealed a lethal intent. Ringo's heart raced as she realized she had unwittingly stumbled into a perilous situation.

 Ringo's heart raced as she realized she had unwittingly stumbled into a perilous situation

'Ah... shit! It's a trap!'

"Hey, there, mister-uh... You need help with something?" Ringo smiled awkwardly. 

Fear and confusion gripped her, but Ringo quickly assessed her surroundings. There was no sign of the lost girl, and the narrow alley provided limited escape routes. The android, with an unnerving mechanical precision, advanced towards her.

"...!"

POW!

In a desperate attempt to defend herself, Ringo acted on pure reflex. With a swift and powerful kick, she aimed for the android's face, and the sound of cracking metal echoed through the dark alley. However, to her shock, the machine's neck snapped back into place, as if healing from the damage.

"What the f--?!"

'I should really run from it.'

Panic surged through her as she sprinted through the narrow alleyways, the android hot on her heels. The chase intensified, with Ringo displaying incredible agility, leaping over obstacles and weaving through the labyrinth of the urban landscape.