Chapter 22

The sun rises and its rays fall on the earth. The people started their day and got busy with their work. Avni’s home was full of guests. Avni was feeling awkward and suffocated but she smiled to see the people. Avni thought. Avni’s phone rang and she looked at her phone. Avni saw Neil’s name. Avni looked at the people and she was about to receive the call but Dayawanti Mehta called her. Avni looked at her grandmother and then she looked at the phone. Avni cut the call in a hurry and she thought.

Avni went to her grandmother who was sitting with her friends. Dayawanti Mehta introduced Avni to them and Avni greeted the guests.

On the other side, Neil was standing in his room and he looked at his phone.

Neil: Avni ne meri call cut kar di.

Neil got angry and he threw his phone on the bed.

Neil: now it’s a limit. She is continuously doing it. Avni shayad mujhse baat hi nahi karna chahti. Fine, ab main bhi usay call nahi karunga. Main bhi meri life enjoy kar sakta hun. Mujhe bhi haq hai apni life apne tarike se jeene ka.

Neil nodded and he looked at the bed. Neil went there and he picked up the phone. Neil dialed a number.

Neil: Hello, Vidyut.

Neil thought.

Neil went out with his friends and they spent the whole day roaming but Neil was missing Avni. Neil was looking at his phone from time to time. Vidyut and KK noticed that and then they looked at each other. Neil’s friends looked at him.

One month passed but Avni was still in her hometown. Avni and Neil talked rarely and Neil was missing Avni.

One day, Prakash was sitting on the couch in the living area and was reading the newspaper and sipping his tea. The phone rang and Prakash looked at the phone which was kept on the table. Prakash kept the cup on the table and picked up the phone. Prakash saw the principal’s number. Prakash was surprised and he frowned.

Prakash: Ab kya kar diya is Neil ne?

Prakash received the call and kept the newspaper on his lap.

Prakash: Hello, ji Principal sir, how are you?

Principal: I am good. How are you?

Prakash: I am Fine. Kahi kaise yaad kiya sab theek hai na?

Principal: Ji, Ji, sab theek hai. Aap se Neil ke bare main kuch baat karni thi.

Prakash frowned.

Prakash: Ji, kahiye, Neil ne kuch kiya hai kya?

Principal: Ji, bilkul kiya hai.

Prakash was shocked and he got angry. Prakash was about to say.

Principal: Neil ne sab ko heran kar diya hai.

Prakash was about to say but he stopped and was looking surprised and confused.

Prakash: Ji? Kya matlab hai aap ka? Main kuch samjha nahi.

Principal: Neil apni class main second aya hai.

Prakash was shocked.

Prakash: What??

Principal: Yes. Aap bhi heran ho gaye na.

Prakash was in shock.

Prakash: Lekin yeh sach hai. Avni ne as usual top kiya hai woh bhi pure college main aur Neil second aya hai class main.

Prakash: Really?

Principal: Yes.

Prakash smiled and he felt proud of Neil.