Chapter 21

It was the time of the night, the moon was shining in the sky and the people were busy with their daily activity. In this busy world, one home was the Khanna Mansion. In the Khanna mansion, Neil was sitting at the dining table with his family. Prakash looked at Neil who also looked at him. Neil avoided eye contact and lowered his gaze. Neil had a bit. Neil wiped his hands with the hanky.

Neil: I am going out with my friends. I will come back in one or two hours.

Shweta and Bebe looked at Prakash who didn’t react. Neil looked at Prakash and then he got up. Neil went from there.

Neil was going and he heard the sound of clearing the throat. Neil stopped and thought. Neil turned and saw Prakash. Prakash came to him.

Prakash: Juhi is transferred to our college’s XYZ Branch.

Neil was surprised and he smiled.

Prakash: Ab woh Avni ko koi nuksan nahi pohancha payegi.

Neil smiled.

Prakash: I also talked to her father. You know, he is my friend. Unho ne meri baat samjhi.

Neil: But how? Juhi ke father bhi us ke jaise hi hain.

Prakash: Hmm. Agar Juhi ke father Mr Arora Juhi ke jaise hain to main bhi Neil Khanna ka baap hun. Yeh Daao pej chalne mujhe bhi aate hain.

Neil was surprised to hear his father.

Prakash: Aur business ke daao pej chalna to mujhe khob aata hai. Us main koi mujhe maat nahi de sakta.

Neil smiled.

Prakash: Mr. Arora ki company ko contract hum hi dete hain so…

Neil understood his father’s point.

Prakash: un ki smajh main meri baat aani hi thi. Unho ne hi suggest kiya ke Juhi ko yahan se humare college ki XYZ branch main transfer kar diya jaye. Juhi ka transfer letter aaj issue bhi ho gaya hai.

Neil got happy. Neil moved to his father and hugged him. Prakash was surprised.

Neil: Thanks, Dad. Thanks a lot. Aap nahi jante aap ne meri kitna bari help ki hai. Thanks.

Prakash smiled and hugged his son. Shweta came there and she was shocked to see the father and son. Neil saw his mother and frowned. Neil looked down and realized that he was hugging his father. Neil broke the hug and felt strange. Neil looked at his father and then he looked down instantly. Prakash also looked here and there.

Neil: ab, ma, main chalta hun. Late ho raha hai.

Neil looked at his parents and he took a step back. Neil turned and he hurriedly went from there.

Prakash was looking at  Neil. Prakash sighed and turned. Prakash saw Shweta and he was surprised. Shweta raised her eyebrows. Prakash avoided eye contact and he went from there. Shweta was looking at Prakash and she smiled. Shweta shook her head and smiled.

It was the time of the morning, Neil was standing with Avni and Ali.

Avni: Neil, kya baat karni thi tumhe mujhse?

Neil smiled.

Neil: Juhi.

Avni and Ali frowned.

Neil: Juhi naam ka jo kanta humari life main tha woh humesha, hameshe ke liye humare raste se hat chukka hai.

Avni was confused. Avni and Ali looked at each other and then they looked at Neil.

Neil: Juhi ka transfer yahan se XYZ city ho gaya hai.