Chapter 15

It was the time of the morning, the sun was shining in the sky and the birds were hovering over the seas and the building. At the college, the students were busy with their activities.

Avni entered the classroom and she was going to sit on her seat. Neil came behind her and saw her. Avni kept her bag on the seat and Neil hurriedly came to Avni and held her hand.

Avni flinched and looked at her hand and then she looked up. Avni saw Neil.

Neil: Ab se tum yahan nahi betho gi balke mere sath meri seat per betha karogi.

Avni was looking at Neil. Neil took Avni to his seat and signed her to sit. Avni sat there silently. Neil smiled and sat beside her. Ali entered the classroom and he found the seat empty and then he looked at Neil’s seat and found Avni there. Avni looked at Ali sadly.

Later, Avni was passing by the corridor. Avni looked up and she saw Ali coming from the opposite direction. Avni stopped and Ali looked away and then he came to Avni. Avni was looking at him.

Ali: What did you want to say yesterday?

Avni was looking at him.

Avni and Ali were sitting in the canteen and Ali was looking down. Avni was looking at him.

Avni: This is my story and now I am under his debt. I can’t deny him for anything now.

Ali: Why are you under his debt? He did that to rectify his mistake.

Avni: Yes. But agar yeh sab nahi hota to aaj nahi to kal Papa aur Dadi meri studies band karwa kar hi rehte. Meri shadi us 40 years old government employee ke sath fix to kar hi chuke the na… yeh to Neil beech main aya. Anjane main hi sahi lekin us ki waja se main bach gai. Aur jo talwar mere upar latak rahi thi, jo dar tha mujhe ke Papa meri studies band karwa denge at least ab woh dar to nahi hai na.

Ali: To kya tum ab is alliance to accept kar logi?

Avni looked on.

Ali: is fake engagement ko real maan logi? Yeh bhi to force karna howa na?

Avni: He loves me.

Ali was shocked.

Avni: He confessed his love to me on New Year's night.

Ali: And what about you? Do you love him?

Avni remained silent.

Ali: say, do you love him?

Avni: There is no place for love in my life. At least, not now.

Ali: then you will let him do with you whatever he wants?

Avni remained silent.

Ali: It is wrong, Avni. Tum ghalat ke samne jhuk rahi ho.

Avni: I don’t know anything. As far as it is not affecting my studies and my Mama; I don’t have any problem with it.

Ali: You are doing it for money?

Avni was shocked. Avni got angry.

Avni: Do you think that I am a money-minded person? If you think then you don’t know me. I am doing it because I don’t want any hurdles, any obstacles in my studies. I want to complete my studies and want to fulfill my dreams and for that, I will do anything. Anything.

Ali: You will marry Neil if he asks?

Avni looked at Ali for some time.

Avni: Yes, I will marry him.

Ali was shocked and Avni looked at him for a few seconds. Avni held the strap of her bag and she got up. Avni took her bag and she looked at Ali who was looking at her. Avni went from there.