Chapter 19

It was daytime, the sun was shining over the college’s building where the students were busy with their activities. Some were in the library, some were in the garden, some were in the classroom and some were in the canteen but two people were standing somewhere else and those people were Avni and Neil.

Avni and Neil were standing in an open area. Avni looked around and it was a terrace. Avni was confused and Neil was smiling. Neil looked at Avni.

Neil: here. We will study here?

Avni was surprised.

Avni: Here?

Neil: yes.

Avni was looking straight.

Avni: But yahan aana to prohibited hai na.

Neil: hai lekin Neil Khanna ko sab allowed hai.

Neil smiled and Avni was looking at him.

Neil: ab chalo.

Avni looked at the terrace.

Avni: Lekin hum bethen ge kahan?

Neil looked around.

Neil: Aray han yeh to hai.

Neil looked around and they thought. Neil smiled.

Neil: Tum yahan ruko main abhi aya.

Avni: Kahan?

Neil: Do minute ruko to.

Avni was looking at him. Neil turned and went. Neil came back and a mat was in his hands. Avni was surprised. Neil came to Avni and smiled.

Neil: hmm. Hum is per bethen ge.

Avni smiled.

Avni: Yeh kahan se mili?

Neil: Auditorium se.

They smiled.

Neil: come.

Neil went to the wall and opened the mat. Avni smiled and came to him. Avni looked at Neil.

Avni: Tum niche betho ge?

Neil: Han, kyun? Main niche beth nahi sakta kya?

Avni: Nahi, beth sakte ho lekin.

Neil: Lekin kya?

Avni shook her head.

Avni: Kuch nahi. Shuru Karen?

Neil nodded. They removed their shoes and sat on the mat. They opened the book and the notebook.

Neil: Thank God, ab koi class nahi hai. Hum aram se parh sakte hain.

Avni smiled. Avni looked at the book and Neil also looked there. Avni and Neil discussed and Avni cleared Neil’s doubt. Avni was giving a lecture to Neil, she was clearing Neil’s doubts and Neil was looking at the notebook. The wind blew and Avni’s hair flew. Avni’s hair flew on Neil’s face. Neil closed his eyes and then he looked at Avni and got lost in admiring his love. Neil was looking at Avni. Avni looked at Neil and found him lost. Avni called Neil’s name.

Avni: Neil.

No effect.

Avni: Neil. Neil?

Neil came out of his thoughts and looked at Avni.

Avni: Kya howa? smajh aya?

Neil looked down.

Neil in mind: Ab kya kahu ke main to tum main kho gaya tha. Kuch suna hi nahi. Agar yeh kaha ke maine suna hi nahi to yeh lady don to mujhe kacha chaba jaye gi. Bohat strict hai parhai ke mamle main.