Xiao x Reader

I'm in a angst mood, so take some angst, (I've been brain rotting on this for WEEKS and i really HATE certain parts cause they didn't turn out how I wanted them to turn out :( ) TW: some gore

"Bosacius! You got my dress wet!"

"Chill out miss dramatics, it'll dry!"

"Indarias, could you dry it for me please?"

Xiao laughed through his nose at his fellow Yaksha's bickering and harmless teasing. Menogias, a Geo wielder hurriedly steps up to a very unamused Bonanus.

"I can dry it for you!" he offered kindly, with a shy undertone in his expression.

"Aw, thank you!" She thanked kindly.

While listening to their quarrel, you smiled softly while grinding your herbs in a special mixing bowl. With an occasional glance, you saw Menogias and Indarias both gently dry Bonanus's gown, careful not to burn her beloved clothing. You hear a rustle of the grass beside you, once they come to a slow halt you look over to Xiao's shoes and looked up slowly.

"How's the new mix coming?" he asked you in a way to distract him from the group ahead.

'I'm having trouble, it's not supposed to be this way.' you signed, even though you knew he couldn't understand anything you were trying to say.

You looked up nonetheless, with a kind smile tugging the corners of your lips. He cleared his throat in confusion, trying to read your expression instead. Shaking your head with a grin you picked up your paper pad and round brush to write down for him.

He leaned forward to get closer to the paper, quickly reading your words.

"Hmm...don't worry. I'm sure you'll figure it out," he reassured softly.

You smiled back with a nod.

Bonanus called out your name while walking over, with a pleading face on. "Would you like to go to the riverside with me? I want to pick some berries, and you can get whatever you need for your medicines!" she pleaded.

You nodded and shot Xiao an apologetic smile as you were drug away.

"Great! We gotta get there before the animals do!" she beamed pushing past Bosacius, who had all four arms full of crates that held supplies.

"Hey! Watch it!" he called out surprised. Bonanus stuck her tongue out at him.

Without looking you waved bye to the group running behind Bonanus.

Once at the riverside, you both got to work quickly.

'These berries are ripe!' you patted her shoulder to get her attention, she nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah, I know! They are so good when they are ready to be picked and eaten." she picked her dress up and waddled across the stream, right to the berries.

You followed behind, looking at the assortments of wild fruit. You handed her an extra knapsack to carry her picks.

'I'm going to look for mist flowers and flaming flowers,' you signed.

"Okay, I'll be here, just don't stray too far," she gave you a curt nod.

You followed the stream until it opened up to the river, and you found multiple clusters of your needed flowers. Once you got on your gloves you got to work. In the scenery of the quiet riverside you never even noticed the sun almost touching the horizon, maybe Bonanus had forgotten as well. Once you plucked your last flower, there was heavy splashing on the shoreline. You looked up to Bonanus, her dress from ankle down was soaked in water, and held a full knapsack full of berries and fruits.