Cyno x Reader (smut)

3rd p.o.v.

(Gender neutral reader, smut) (SLIGHTLY oc reader)

High up in the Palace of Khemdju, their Highness sat at their window waiting for the sun to touch the horizon and the moon to climb up into the sky. Their Highness looked idly at the kingdom below with a bored expression. They wished to be an ordinary person like the common folk making a living for their own, setting up a shop and making coin to provide for themselves or family. Being royalty sounds like a dream, having breakfast lunch and dinner served everyday at the same time like clock work, handmade gowns and robes with expensive material, and sleeping in a big comfy bed. But for their Highness, it was boring.

They longed for a sense of adventure and fun in their life, not 'sit up straight, hold your chin high you are royalty. Not a pheasant.' Or 'you will marry who I tell you to and there will be no objections.'

Alas, the bigger reason was because of the arranged marriage. Their Highness had to marry royalty outside the kingdom to keep the bloodline. Little did the King know that his only child has already found real love and not someone by his choice.

They knew if their father found out their love would be sentenced to hang in front of the town for his crime and they would still have to marry someone else by the Kings choice.

With disappointment in their sigh, they turned around away from the window overlooking the kingdom to retire to bed. Perhaps their secret lover is away with his business? Being a war general is quite time consuming. They told them self he would come the next night instead to ease the anxiety.

There were some nights where he did not show, following up to the next night a small gift was given as a apology for his absence. They did not complain, the gifts were not expensive jewelry nor anything highly valuable, but priceless in their own way. There was one time Cyno had brought back a rare flower that only grew in the desert. It was truly peculiar how a beautiful flower could only grow in a harsh environment. Their Highness had a special place for all the little trinkets and plants Cyno had given them. There were so many plants they had a special room especially dedicated to the plants and exotic flowers. But the best gift to recive was Cyno himself.

-

Their Highness was just about to get undressed into their night attire when a soft woosh came from the window.

They turned their head to see a crouched figure at the edge of the stone window sill. There was absolutely no mistake in recognizing the black leather jackal headwear and the long silver hair drifting down to his bare chest. Cyno peered through his bangs to look them in the eye.

"Cyno," they sighed happily.

Cyno quietly landed on the flat ground of their highnesses personal quarters and held his arms out stretched for an embrace.

With a amused expression, they accepted the hug.

Cyno lifted the small see through fabric covering their nose and mouth for a quick chast kiss. They melted into the kiss and clumsily pushed off Cyno's helmet to run their fingers through his hair. Cyno softly grunted with satisfaction.

"I've missed you." Cyno whispered against their lips and cupped the back of their neck.

"So have I. I was getting worried something might of happened to you."

"Anything happening to me would be impossible." Cyno hummed.

They stayed silent for a short moment. Cyno looked away and lightly squeezed their hand in comfort. They saw how quickly his eyes lidded and the frown taking over his features.