Childe x reader (valentines day special part 1 of ?) (smut)

there will be a handful of one shots with different characters for valentines day, the others are still being worked on. Enjoy~

-----

Fatui Harbingers don't usually take holidays off from their work. But in some special cases they request a few days off duty if others are not taking the leave. In Childe's case, he wanted to bring me to his home and meet his family on this special occasion. Snezhnaya was indeed a cold place and I made sure to pack a generous amount of warm clothes, along with Childe's gifts I had custom made. It was a bit of a hassle to convince Xingqiu to let me have a few days off work to travel out of the nation with Childe, but I had promised to bring him the latest novel volumes that hadn't arrived in Liyue yet.

"I promise you this will be an amazing experience! There is so much to do in my home land, we can go ice skating, fishing, build snowmen, we can do anything you want really." Childe adjusted himself to face me in the very expensive carriage he had hired to take us straight to Snezhnaya.

"I honestly can't wait to meet your family and try all of the delicious food there." Although I was partially telling the truth, I mostly couldn't wait to finally have some quality time alone with my beloved boyfriend.

"My family will absolutely adore you, after all, it's been years since they've seen me. So I can't wait to finally spend time with my family. Especially with you." He lovingly wrapped his arm behind my shoulders.

We sat there in a short silence other than the horses hooves clopping on the road in a soothing manner, the carriage gently rocked us into a short nap until we arrive to Snezhnaya.

—---

"My love, we have arrived." Childe gently shook my shoulders to wake me. Childe stood outside the carriage, beautiful snowy mountains and orange cloudy sky painted the scenery behind him. We were in the middle of a town; tall lamps and small houses around the plaza with an elegant water fountain. A statue of a woman was at the very top of the fountain, she had long hair with a fur coat around her neck draping all the way past her ankles. That must be the Tsaritsa, the woman Childe works for.

"It gets very chilly at night, here." Childe held a thick coat, bark brown fur around the collar and sleeve cuffs, and black fleece for the rest. "I had a servant bring this upon our arrival, so you could keep a little souvenir for your first trip here."

I hopped down from the carriage with the help of Childe, he then held out the coat so I could slip my arms through the sleeves.

"Thank you, Ajax." I smiled up at him, staring as he wrapped the coat snuggly around my body.

He gently put his hand on my cheek and stroked my cheek bone. "Of course, ah, don't forget the gloves." he reached in his back pocket and handed me some leather gloves with comfy fabric on the inside.

"Don't worry about the luggage, it will be carried to our hotel room." Childe laced his finger with mine.

"Are we going to see your family?" I asked noticing that we were going into the marketplace.

"One of the maids informed me that they are currently out doing some fishing. I figured I would show you the town first. They will be back in an hour."

"Fishing in this weather? Gosh.." Even though I hadn't been outside for more than a few minutes I was already starting to feel the tip of my nose go numb.

"Don't worry! My family is always prepared." Childe laughed and reassured me.

The marketplace was indeed busy; merchants calling to people trying to entice them in what they are selling, loud conversations on renegotiating prices, and children running about. There were stringed lights everywhere making the atmosphere more romantic with hearts and rose decorations. I was fully expecting Snezhnaya to be a frozen wasteland similar to dragon spine and I was completely wrong.