Alhaitham x Reader (smut)

(Light bdsm, degradation if you look hard enough, maybe a hint of dumbification? Professor and student type romance, MC is 22 and fem, Alhaitham is 26)

The second semester of college had just begun right after spring ended. You were confident to ace this semester like you had the first with no issues.

Well, almost no issues.

You had heard rumors about the literature professor in your 4th period to be the biggest asshole that gives out the hardest tasks with very short deadlines and absolutely no mercy to those out of line. You felt like the rumors were a bit exaggerated coming from the first years but you honestly blamed them for taking a class they weren't necessarily ready to take given the difficulty of the course.

You felt you should make your own judgement in person when you see him in a few hours, by then you would be able to agree or disagree with these accusations.

"Heyo," your friend twisted her body to look you in the eye.

"I forgot my highlighter, is it cool if I borrow one of yours for now?" Dehya reached her inked arm in front of you with a sincere smile.

"Yeah, sure." You reached into your messenger bag and fetched a yellow highlighter for her.

As you handed it forward she caught your hand with hers, "Something wrong? I can tell you're in deep thought."

You quickly composed yourself and nodded with a reassuring smile. "Yeah, just nervous about this semester. I hear my last period teacher is a bit of a prick."

Dehya studied your expression with a bit of confusion, "Why do you care? You've always ignored the bitchy professors and got your work done to make them shut up and keep off your back."

Knowing your friends' morals you chose to not be completely truthful. You stared into her eyes to try and not raise her suspension but her make up made her serious face more piercing to your soul.

"I saw a picture of him on the university website, He's a total genius, a PhD, wrote three books, and on top of that, he's kinda young and that's pretty intimidating. He's only 28 and teaches at a University. Someone like him needs to be somewhere more suitable for his education and IQ level." You showed her your phone screen.

She skimmed her eyes across his portfolio until her blue eyes widened. "He's...the son of a famous scientist and philosopher."

She handed you your phone and pursed her lips. "Yeah, I would be intimidated too I can't blame you."

As you kept reading you started to feel less and less confident about your thoughts in the beginning. Yeah, he had a lot of background education and has a lot of powerful friends but surely there's some kind of loop hole that would guarantee you to pass his class.

"...Even to this day his followers still pray and worship at his domain. Can anyone tell me who else the Scarlet King was affiliated with?"

Dehya lazily rose her arm up and the teacher nodded and called her name.

"The goddess of Flowers and Greater Lord Rukkhadevata. However they parted ways after The Goddess of Flowers died."

"Yes, that is correct! ... Now for your assignment I want you to do a research paper on The Scarlet King, it can be about his motives or-"

At this point you tuned out your mind. You wrote down whatever your brain could register but the notes just turned out to be random worlds you would have to decipher later on. You also peeked at your class schedule as a triple check you have memorized the room and seating arrangements, but at this point you determined that going into the wrong class didn't sound so bad.