"i know she loves me, i can just feel her watching over me. i was sent to camp when i was a baby. i wasnt a gift to Zeus. i was a monster. he hated that i was more powerful than him. now i regret never being enough for them, i wish i would have never been born, i would've never been a disappointment to a person who i dont even remember who people call my father. i know i cant go back and change me having my powers but what if i could. i would be living in olympus with my father and my mother."

"dont say that. that you wish you werent born. im glad your here. im happy. youve changed my life on this quest. you helped me when i needed help. you saved me. you are loved, by all of us. and you are enough" Percy sat up and yelled quietly at Vida as she brought herself. "thank you" she smiles as she sat up and tear fell down her face again causing Percy to wiped it away.

Vida sniffled and looked away, trying to hide her tears. "hey, hey, hey. you are enough. you are brave. you are sarcastic. you are funny and i love that about you" Percy cupped her face as she lifted her eyes to his. she smiled widely, "im gonna go to sleep" Percy laid back down, opening his arms wide so she could lay with him.

Vida laid into his arms, she adjusted her body to wear her head was on his chest. he slowly put his arm around her waist and his other hand onto his stomach. "thank you" she whispered. "always"

the two could hear groans from Grover and Annabeth, "you guys awake?" Percy asked, "well, i am now, thanks." Grover said with annoyance. "are you okay?" Percy asked, "he's super grouchy when he doesn't get enough sleep." Annabeth said in a morning voice.

"'hes super grouchy when he doesnt get enough...' nah!" Grover mimicked Annabeth. Vida started cracking up. "wow" Percy said. "you've never been on the road with him before. a little different than a froofy boarding school" Annabeth said, "whos froofy? youre froofy. whats froofy? i think i need to eat." Grover said before he went back to sleep.

it was now an hour later, Annabeth and Grover were standing over the two on the floor

it was now an hour later, Annabeth and Grover were standing over the two on the floor. Vida was peacefully sleeping on Percy's arm on her side while he was in the same position as before. "should we wake them?" Annabeth asked Grover, "no. lets leave them here. theyre so cute" Grover obsessed, "i can hear you" Percy's groaning voice said as she opened one of his eyes to the bright sunrise shining onto his face.

Vida woke up from Percy's presence leaving her. they both slowly got up from the floor by Annabeth helping Vida up while Grover helped Percy up. "im gonna go get myself washed up, Annabeth wanna come?" Vida yawned. Annabeth nodded and the two girls walked towards the bathroom.

"what was that?" Annabeth teased Vida, "it was nothing" Vida replied, "that was something" Annabeth said, "theres nothing going between us. besides, im with Luke" Vida said, brushing her hair with a brush. "mmhm" Annabeth hummed.

the two girls took turns changing and went into the dining area. Annabeth said next to Grover while Vida sat next to Percy. "two days until we reach Los Angeles. plenty of time before our deadline to reach the Underworld" Grover said, Vida drank a sip of her Shirley Temple. "can i ask a dumb question?" Percy asked, "when do you not? its like you need me to make fun of you" Vida said.