Chapter 10

Author's Note: Yay! Chapter 10. I don't know why that's so important or something go celebrate about. I'm just running out of things to put in these little author's notes XD I feel like the chapter isn't complete without them. Anyway enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~

"Hey," I said as Michael came over to me.

"Hi," he said smiling at me.

"So you ready for this?" I ask.

"I guess. What's the worst that can happen?"

"You die." I look at him and he takes my hand.

"Nikki!" Barry called my name and came over to me and immediately Michael let go of my hand.

"Yeah?"

"Owen needs you,"

"I'm coming. Michael don't forget to check and make sure your gun is fully loaded and also make sure you have extra ammo on you. For a dinosaur that big, you'll need it." I then hurried off to go find Owen.

"You wanted to see me Owen?" I asked as I walked over to him and sat down on the ground.

He was fixing his bike at the moment so I didn't know where to sit or what to do so I just eventually ended up settling with the ground.

"Yeah, actually I just wanted to talk."

"Oh, uh what about?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know but Frank was here earlier. Not the brightest kid." I
laughed and so did Owen.

"Cut the kid some slack. He almost was eaten by Delta, Charlie and Blue a few days ago."

"But I am 99.9% sure that has nothing to do with his stupidity."

"Still, that's not nice." I was still laughing.

There was then silence between us. I sat on the ground and Owen continued to fix up his bike before we went to go track down Jennifer.

"So Gray told me that you kept a picture of me in your bungalow. Is that true?"

"What?" Owen looked up from what he was currently doing to look at me.

"How did Gray see it?"

"I don't know why don't you ask him?"
I giggled and looked over to see Gray standing there spying on us. He then turned and ran off and both Owen and I laughed again.

"But seriously do you have a picture of me in your bungalow?"

"Yeah, it was taken a week after you first started working here." He shrugged like it was no big deal. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't,  but now I wanted to know how he got the picture.

"Just date her already!" Zach yelled and I glared at him as he passed by and winked at us.

"Okay Nicole are you ready?" Owen asked as he finished doing whatever it was with his motorcycle.

"I guess as ready as I'll ever be." Owen then came over, offering his hand to help me up.

"Thanks," I mumbled and brushed myself off before meeting up with Barry, Michael and the rest of the men Vic hired to go with us. Each of us got on a bike and the men all got in the truck.

"Nicole be safe." Gray came up to me and hugged me.

"I will. Watch out for each other now."

Gray nodded and then walked back over to Claire and Zach who then waved before getting in one of the trucks.

"Ready?" Owen said and I looked at him, Barry and Michael and nodded. Barry gave Frank the okay and the raptors were released and we then followed after. We all raced though the jungle following the raptors until they began slowing down.

"They're slowing down." Barry said.

"They've got something." Owen then said and we all came to a stop.

"Everyone quite." I ordered and we all crouched down behind a giant log. Our guns ready to shoot.

The raptors were hissing and then she emerged though the mess of the jungle. Her scaly gray-white skin turning from various shades of greens and browns. I felt scared. This was a different feeling than when I was in her cage with her. Where she had boundaries and minimal space to roam but now it was the opposite and she was out to kill. Charlie, Delta, Echo and Blue all stood in front of her and they were action strange.

"Something's wrong. They're communicating." Barry whispered and I looked at him my eyes showing signs of worry in them.

"There's a reason they didn't want to tell us what she's made of. She's part raptor." Owen whispered and we all still were there crouched behind that giant log waiting for an okay to fire. I looked at Michael and he shrugged as if saying,

'I didn't know,'

Then the raptors turned on us.

'Shit,' I though and I hoped that I would make it though this.

"Fire!" One man said and everything turned into chaos. People began firing at her and she roared and the raptors hissed before going off in different directions.

"Watch your back. Raptors got a new alpha." I heard Owen shout and then all I could hear were gun shots going off, the screams of men and roaring and hissing.

A fire then started and it caused her to fall but it wasn't enough. She gave a final roar and went back into the jungle leaving us to deal with the raptors.

I was walking through the tall grass when I saw a tail flicker and then Charlie sprang at me. I fell to the ground and my gun fell from my hand and it was too far for me to reach it.

"Charlie its me Nicole," I said but she didn't listen but instead she grabbed me and dragged me off further into the jungle and away from the others.

•••

"Barry have you seen Nicole?" Owen asked once he got back to his bike to drive back.

"No I didn't see her come back." Barry said and Owen then turned around and ran off deeper into the jungle.

"Owen where are you going?" Barry shouted.

"To find Nicole!" And with those final words he dashed off.

~~~~

Sorry about this cliffhanger! Another update tomorrow!

- Kat