Chapter 3

Author's Note: Hey guys! I just want to say thank you all for your votes reads and comments! They mean a lot to know that you like my writing because I think it sucks :/. I'll try updating this story every day because I'm just as anxious to write it as you probably all are to read it!
Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carefully I stepped into the cage. Wanting not make any noise that would disturb the monster that called this place home. My eyes flickered up at one of the security cameras and then Lowery's voice came over the radio.

"Nicole! What are you doing?" He shouted.

"Shh Lowery. I don't want to disturb her."

"You're already doing that by stepping into her cage!" He responded, his voice more panicky than usual.

"Lowery. Shut up. Now." I hissed. The ground shook and I looked at the bushes only to see a flicker of her ginormous tail.

"Nicole get out of there!" Lowery, and now Vivian, coursed together.

"Lowery shut up!"

"Don't tell me to shut up! Do you have a death wish? You probably do considering your in there with that.... monster. " I didn't respond after he said that but I took a few steps further into the cage. There was a faint sound of someone tapping on glass and I looked up to see the security guard banging on the window. I put fingers to my lips telling him to be quiet. He nodded and then pointed and I turned around to see her. Standing right in front of me.

"Hey girl," I mumbled and she let out a loud roar.

"I'm just here to check on you." I whisper and once again she roared. My eyes scanned her over. No injuries, no nothing that seemed to be alarming. For a brief moment I turned around and then a wave searing pain flooded through my shoulder. From the corner of my eye I saw her swiftly move, but it was too late. Her claws were dripping with blood. My blood.

I reached back and touched the fresh cut, more like gash on my shoulder. I needed to think of something quick if I didn't want to suffer any more injuries or die. I then remembered I had a flare in the back of my pocket for when I to go to the T-Rex kingdom. I took it out from my back pocket and I lit it. It caught her attention and I threw it away from where I was. Quickly I opened the gate and got back inside.

"Damn. You are one brave soul." The guard whispered.

"Yeah well I advise you don't let anyone else in. She's had enough human interaction for one day." The guard nodded and I leaned up against the class. My shoulder was still burning.

"You should put something on that, or maybe get medical attention." The guard advised.

"I will but not now."

"You'll bleed out," he clearly was slightly disturbed by what he saw. I leaned in so that I could look off of my reflection from the glass. My top was soaked in crimson blood, where the wound was, the blood looked nearly black. Gritting my teeth, I brushed my fingers lightly along the torn flesh. From the angle I was at, luckily it only appeared to be that the tip of her claw pierced and tore through.

"I've been though worse." I thought back to all the other times when I had gotten injured by a dinosaur here. He scooted his chair over to me and I sat down.

"Here's a first aid kit." The guard handed me the small box and I opened it. Bandages and other things were stuffed inside it. I closed it. There was nothing in there that would have covered a wound this big.

"Nicole!" Michael then opened the door and ran in.

"What?" I said standing up.

"You were in there to long, I began to worry-" I could then feel his eyes looking from me to my shoulder. He tried to hide the horror on his face the best he could, but I saw the fear in his eyes.