Chapter 6

Authors Note: Let's see, who do you think Nicole will end up with at the end? Owen, Michael or neither? What do you guys think?
Also I've been thinking, should I give the Indominus Rex a name? I mean I have the Mosasaurs a name so why not give her one. Besides she is a main character. I don't know. I'm still thinking about it. Also I apologize for the late update! I was out all day and I hardly got a change to type. Anyway, enjoy!

~~~~~

At the last minute Owen and I slipped though the gate but so did she. I was scared. I felt as if my heart was going to explode. Owen was a foot ahead of me and he then slid under a car. I knew I possibly couldn't slide under a car so I kept running. I turned back around me only to see the guard disappear in between the jaws of the Indominus Rex.

"Oh my god," I whispered.

I had just watched someone being brutally murdered. Her strength was more than enough to push over the car Owen was under and I watched as she closed in.

Her head sniffing low towards the ground. I took that moment to run. I ran further and it took me into a wooded area. I leaned up against a tree trunk to catch my breath. What were we going to do? I then heard a roar and the ground shook as she walked toward where I was. Slowly I walked around the large tree trunk and ran back out to where Owen was.

"Owen!" I called him name and he didn't answer.

"Owen!" Tears swelled up in my eyes.

The worst though had come to mind. That Owen was dead. There was a good chance he could have been. I just stood there, crying. Pretty pathetic. I know. I needed to get back to control so I found a car but there were no keys to be found. I searched for a while before accepting that they weren't there and that whoever had the car last still had them. Looks like I was going to walk.

"Nicole!" I heard my name being called and turned around to see Owen standing there. Immediately I felt every negative thought leave and I ran over to him.

"Owen. I though you were dead." I whispered.

"I'm okay. I didn't know where you went though which worried me." I then hugged him. I had no clue why though. I wasn't one for all of that kind of stuff. Owen wrapped his arms around me in response and I buried my head in his chest.

"You smell horrible," I say laughing.

"Well I am covered in gasoline."

"Oh, sorry." I quickly say letting go realizing I was hugging him for too long.

"It's okay Nicole," there was that awkward silence again.

"So we have to walk back. There's no keys to the car."

"Great." Owen said and we began walking back to the control room in silence.

My mind drifted off to the Indominus Rex. She could have killed more people by now. Why the hell would Dr. Henry Wu create her, I don't know? But seriously they are dinosaurs- wow enough. Owen and I continued walking for 20 or so minutes before we reached the main center of the park.

"Shit. Owen I'll meet up with you later!"

"Wait! Where are you going Nicole?"

He called after me but I was already running back down the streets of the main center. I turned and went to go grab a car but there were none parked in the back lot. Scowling I took off running again before I reached the valley.

•••

Approximately 150 people were waiting in line to go on the Gyrosphere. I had forgotten I had told Zach and Gray to go here before Owen, Claire and I left to go see the Indominus Rex. I made my way to the front of the line where the guy was operating the ride.

"Hey, have you seen two boys come on?"

"Well, I- uh?" It was pointless to ask but it was also pointless to search through the crowed of people. I leaned in and whispered something to the worker.

"Uhh everyone this ride is now closed,"
he began and everyone was complaining. I then waited with the guy who's name I found out was Dylan. Not long after some of the people began pulling back in.

"Lowery. Are all of the Gyrosphere balls accounted for?"

"Yes," I sighed with relief but that moment of relief didn't last long before Lowery's voice sounded back though my ear piece.

"There's one still in the valley." I then went in and began looking for Gray and Zach.

Nothing of them was visible. All the dinosaurs began acting up which was not a good sign. I must have searched for 30 minutes before I came to a break in the gate.

They must have gone through there. I walked though and still no sight of them but it wasn't like they could have gone far there was over brush and trees.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!" Gray. I followed the sound of the scream and it led me straight to Gray and Zach.

"Run!" I shouted as the Indominus Rex closed in. It was trying to eat the Gyrosphere ball but it was too large for it to fit in its jaws.

"Nicole?" Zach looked at me a quizzical look placed on his face.

"Just run!" I skidded under the Indominus Rex as it was distracted and followed Gray and Zach out of the woods to the edge of a cliff.

"Nicole," Gray said and he clinged onto me. I don't blame him. He was scared. We all were.

"We have to jump." Zach said.

"Yeah," I said and I looked back. She was getting closer.

"We have to jump now!" Zach said.

"I can't." Gray said. He then started to cry.

"Gray, you have too! Either that or you die." Zach said and I glared at him.
"We'll all jump together. On three." I said and I took Gray's hand and he took Zach's.

"Three!" We all then jumped. Just barely escaping the Indominus Rex. We all hit the water and I knew she wouldn't come after us now. I surfaced and gasped for breath.

"Are you okay?" I looked at Zach and Gray. Zach was helping his brother and Gray nodded. We came up to the edge of the edge of the water and it was all muddy and wet but it didn't matter. I am sure we would all face worse as the day came to a end.

"You did it," Zach said to Gray and he smiled. Zach pulled his brother into a hug and I smiled. I wonder what Owen was thinking. Probably wondering where I was. Claire was probably worried about Zach and Gray.

"Is that what attacked you?" Gray asked as we still rested on the edge of the bank.

"Yes," I whispered and I got up.

"That's no dinosaur," Gray said and I nodded.

"We've got to keep moving." Zach said and Gray and I both nodded out heads in agreement.

"Do you know you're way out of here?" Zach asked and I turned to look at him.

"I don't," I said.

~~~~~

Hahahahaha. I'm so evil! Another cliff hanger! Well I guess if you've seen the movie you know what happens but you don't know what I'm going to do. *evil grin* thank you all so much for your reads, votes and comments! Another update tomorrow!

- Kat