Hiding what was never meant to be hidden.

"His Majesty is wasting his time, Alfred." A thick voice scared the crows resting on tree branches away. The leaves shook as a heavy object was dragged onto the icy ground. An oni blade, hard and big, is used by vampire pursuers.

Much like their name, their job was to find what was hiding. Weak prey that couldn't fight back. Alfred glanced at the blade, its sharp edges glinting in the moonlight. "But sir, isn't it beneath His Majesty to be involved in such trivial matters?" he questioned, concern etched on his face. "Surely there are more pressing issues that require his attention."

Tucking her head behind a fallen tree, a small woman sat, with her knees held to her chest, a blank expression on her face, her ears perked up at the vampire's small talk.

The sword slammed against a tree, and the pursuer's horrifying face was shown to the moon. Two gleaming red eyes, covered behind a dark steel mask, standing at an abnormal height of 7 feet, hands with claws that could scrape someone's head off. Fucking killers.

"She is the one we have to find." He yelled, and the forest shook. His comrade took a step back and motioned to him.

"She is dead! There's no way she would have made it out!" And that's when the woman decides that she has heard enough. Passing behind the trees, soft and quiet as a ghost, the pursuers aren't able to even hear her with their supersonic hearing.

Her footsteps can only echo in her ears as her boots slam against the hard ice. Stopping at the edge of the cliff, she swiftly jumps and takes hold of a thick vine, gaining momentum and sliding onto the cliff's wall. Stopping her fall with her boots, she lands on an abrupt rock. That's when she sighs, her head coated with water as the waterfall pours. She goes past the water wall and into the cave she has been hiding in for the past few days.

She went out to get food.

Taking her dark hood off, her shoulders wet with cold water, she shakes her blonde head a few times to get rid of the excess water. Her shiny curls messily rest against her cheeks as her eyes keep opening and closing.

Wiping her face with her small palm, she drags her fingers along her jaw in frustration. She's been so tired recently that nightmares aren't letting her get any sleep at all. Setting her backpack down and bending down above the pile of dry wood, she grabs a box from her pocket filled with matches. Lighting the fire up, she lets the words slip past her soft lips.

"Ilumina. // Enlighten." At her words, the fire glows brighter, lightening the whole cave. A cold shiver runs down her spine as she huddles her coat closer.

That's how she has spent the past few years. Running and hiding. Like a coward. She couldn't do anything about it, and it sickened her to her bones.

Sitting down on the cold ground, she let her amber eyes cast upon the fire. Hugging her knees close to her chest, she sighs, her hot breath mingling with the freezing wind. Her eyes threaten to close, but they open right at the same moment when she sees a girl in front of her.

She's from someone else's perspective. Horrific. And tragic. It's always the same episode. Holding a dead brunette girl in her arms, her left side torn apart completely, wings that she would normally associate with Fae ripped, and red feathers scattered on the ground

She doesn't know why she has these nightmares. She doesn't even know who the person who is dead in her arms is. How should she know who the girl is that she's seeing everything through? Exactly. She doesn't.

All she knows is that these recurring nightmares leave her feeling unsettled and haunted. The sight of the dead girl and the devastation around her are etched into her memory. Deep.