Ripped from heaven.

It is weird.

Because when she opens her eyes, she is not in Nick's cabin. No. She's in a dark room without any trace of light. She frowns for a moment because, when she tries to move her wrists, she finds out that there are chains that bound her to the cold, stone floor. She can feel the chill of the room seeping into her bones, making her shiver uncontrollably.

And she realizes this is just a nightmare. She just has to go through it, and she will be fine. Or maybe she'll just wake up on her own.

It's a slow, steady drip of water, creating an eerie ambiance in the room. Her eyes squint as she feels her wrists burn, and she can hear herself hiss at the pain. "What the fuck?!" She tries to pull her wrists free from the chains, but they are tightly secured.

Why does the pain feel so real?

Before she could make any sense of it, her face was illuminated by a light so bright that she couldn't keep her eyes open. As her eyes adjust to the blinding light, she realizes that she is not alone in the room. A figure stands before her, their silhouette obscured by the intense brightness.

"Commander, how have you been doing?" The voice purred, and Isabella swore it was just a whisper, but she heard it so loudly that the words echoed in her ears. Her jaw was gripped by two strong fingers, and her head was thrown back, slamming against the stone wall. She grunted, trying to fight the grip, but it just didn't seem to budge.

And Isabella caught better sight of the face. Soft pale skin, high, defined cheekbones, a smooth and sharp jaw, and eyebrows tilted to an angle so that Isabella would acknowledge she was made fun of. Her heart stilled when she noticed the unusual color of his hair—a subtle pinkish hue mixed with black strands here and there. It was curly, landing just above the man's tilted eyebrows, a playful smile painted on his pale lips, pearly fangs showing themselves to make Isabella shiver, and when her green eyes took a better glance at his foggy blue ones, she froze.

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" He smirked mischievously, a mocking glint escaping in his hazy and distant eyes. Suddenly, Isabella felt him sink his nails into her wrist, shoving her backward in the process. "Come on," he whispered quietly. "Time's ticking" He twisted her wrist, and she shut her eyes tight, her jaw clenched, her teeth grinding against each other at the painful crack. "I'll make sure your friends won't make it." Isabella's heart raced as she struggled to comprehend the situation. He tightened his hands around her broken wrist and leaned forward, pressing his mouth against her ear. "You don't want them to end up like your little sister." He laughed softly. "Isn't that right, commander?" He leaned back and grabbed her by the collar.

"I don't have a little sister." She mumbled, feeling her eyes sting and her whole body ache as if she had slept with a brick wall on top of her.

Suddenly, he laughed, shutting his eyes, and Isabella felt her eyes droop from exhaustion. "What a beautiful lie! Can't you already get more exciting, commander?!" Isabella's heart pounded in her chest as she mustered the strength to respond. "I'm no commander," she whispered, her voice quiet.

He smiled, and Isabella's eyes went wide as she felt something press against her throat. "Let's drop this mask, don't you agree? I don't like lies." He pressed the blade against her skin, feeling a vein pulse right under it.

"Who the fuck even are you?! You crazy psychopath!" Her head slammed against the cold wall with such power that she heard something break. His fist collided with her face so hard that she couldn't feel the right side of her face anymore. And her eyes watered as she spit a sticky red substance out of her mouth. Isabella's vision blurred as she struggled to regain her composure, the taste of blood lingering in her mouth.