Brandy

So what you're telling me is that you like Irie?

Isabella gazed at the ground. Her cheeks set ablaze as she gave a slight nod. After the chaotic trio went home, because there were no crimes today, Isabella was left alone with her older sister. And she had something on her head that kept eating her alive for quite some time.

So, sitting on the counter, with her dark red wings behind her tough back, Stephanie crossed her arms. One year older than her, a brunette with green eyes, a bit taller than her, and with a strong attitude, Stephanie was a high-rank hero in a team with Jayden, Kate, and Mia.

"Well, go tell her." She shrugged nonchalantly and sat with one leg on top of the other. Isabella wiggled with her fingers and clenched her hands a few times, releasing a nervous breath. "As if it would be that easy." She muttered, looking away.

Stephanie hopped off the counter and wrapped her right wing around her younger sister. "It's not that deep; just try." Isabella sighed and leaned into Stephanie's embrace. "I know you're right," she admitted, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "But what if she doesn't feel the same way? What if I ruin our friendship?" Stephanie squeezed her sister tightly. "You won't know unless you try," she said softly. "And what if she doesn't like you? It's not the end of the world."

Isabella nodded, contemplating Stephanie's words. "You're right," she finally said, determination flickering in her eyes. "I shouldn't let fear hold me back. I'll take the chance and see what happens." Stephanie smiled proudly at her sister's resolve. "That's the spirit," she encouraged with a smile.

She reached for the door handle and turned her head back reluctantly. "But what if she says n-"

"Go!" Stephanie pushed her out of the doorway, handing her a bouquet of roses from the counter. Isabella has wanted to do it for a long time. Ask Irie about it, but she never had the courage and often hesitated, letting the flowers pile on the tables.

She took her car and started driving before her mind would betray her and yell at her to stop. Irie's house was close to hers, a 5-minute drive. So she sped up and tried focusing on the road, her heart drumming in her throat. It felt as if all the blood had rushed to her face.

Stopping the car rather harshly, she took a deep breath and reached for the door to open it. But suddenly, her eyes froze as her mouth went agape. Her bottom lip trembled as she took the scene in. A small brunette, Isabella couldn't see clearly from the tears built up in her eyelids; her head tilted up with a smile on her lips as Irie's fucking finger held her chin so softly, Isabella felt her hands clench and her jaw tense. They laughed, and the smaller woman wrapped her arms around Irie's middle, her head buried on her shoulder. And Irie fucking hugged her back, so tight that her palms went white.

So, gripping the steering wheel, Isabella released a strangled noise, her leg pressing on the acceleration, not even caring that she was driving at 90 mph. She just had to get away. She just had to be a coward, like she has always been. Her phone was ringing, but she didn't even want to see who was calling. She didn't care anymore.

So she drove where she knew it would be quiet. Silence felt like a reward she was fighting for; it felt so gloriously nice now that her world had fallen apart. So pathetic and so...relieving at the same time.

She stopped the car when her eyes caught sight of tall tree trunks, so green they were darker than the grass she was stepping on. She literally slammed the door and ran her hands through her hair. Her phone was still ringing.

An unknown number?

She sighed. Maybe it was someone from the bank. She had made a credit some months ago and still had a little debt, but not too much—around 200 dollars. She answered, her eyes boring into a tree trunk as she sat on the freshly cut grass. "Hello?" Her voice was husky from previously crying. She hoped it wasn't another telemarketer trying to sell her something she didn't need.