A truthful promise

"There's a red-scale attack!" 

Sammy yelled through the station, jumping on an ice ramp, propelling herself up, and kicking one of the masked men in the face, sending him against the wall, his head slumping down. The other masked men quickly regrouped, retaliating with a barrage of punches and kicks. Sammy skillfully dodged their attacks, using her agility to her advantage. Despite being outnumbered, she was faster than them, creating a hardened ice wall with her hands, raising them in the air, and pushing them away with one arm, melting the ice into water. As the water splashed onto the floor, Sammy swiftly slid underneath the masked men, tripping them up and causing them to stumble. She seized the opportunity to deliver a powerful roundhouse kick, knocking two of them out cold.

"Where are they coming from?!" Irie's voice was heard in her ears, and she wiped the blood off her face. Sammy picked up the earphones and activated her microphone, biting her bottom lip. "I don't know yet; tell Stephanie to cover the outer walls and everyone else to come my way." She panted as she burst into a room, kicking the door out of its holders. Two people were tied up, back to back, watching her with hopeful eyes.

She shot a small ice spike to cut the ropes and made a sign for them to follow her. As they hurriedly followed Sammy, she quickly assessed the situation. "We need to find a safe exit and regroup with the others," she said, her voice filled with urgency. They nodded, and Sammy gave Irie her location. "I'll be there as fast as I can!" Irie spoke from the other end. Sammy hid behind a wall, peeking at her right, seeing more masked men coming in. They had rods filled with electricity, and one touch from that would be deadly. So as soon as they neared, she jumped on the wall next to her and kicked one in the gut, punching the other one with an ice-hardened fist, her knuckles turning white for a bare second. She landed on her right foot, sliding on one side and tripping the other one, taking his electrified rods and slamming them onto the last one's back, watching him scream and his body twitch with blue electricity all around him. With a surge of adrenaline, she quickly assessed her surroundings, searching for an escape route. Spotting an open window across the room, she made a split-second decision and leaped towards it, narrowly avoiding the grasp of another masked man lunging towards her.

Sammy grabbed onto the outer part of the window and slid right back in, sending a powerful ice wall in front of her enemies. She took the hostages and pointed to the window. "Jump." The hostages hesitated for a moment, fear evident in their eyes. Sammy's voice remained firm as she reassured them, "Trust me, it's the only way out." They followed her lead and leaped out of the window one by one.

Before they both reached the ground, a winged shadow caught both of them. "What's wrong with ya? Thought I wouldn't get here on time." Stephanie smirked as she glided into the air with both of them in her arms. As they soared through the sky, Stephanie assured them, "Don't worry, I've got you. We're going to get you to safety." The wind rushed past them as they flew towards a hidden safe place.

Sammy sighed softly, seeing them drift in the distance.

"You, stay there!" The masked man yelled. She groaned when she was outnumbered, by much this time. She hissed when she felt something in her neck sting. Her eyelids were slightly droopy, and she clenched her jaw when she realized those were drugs.

"Fucking hell." She mumbled, using the last of her powers to break the wall and slide as many of them out with the giant mountain-like spike. She saw two lounging towards her, but she was too weak to react. As the two figures approached, Sammy's vision blurred, and her body grew heavy. She could feel herself losing consciousness, her mind slipping away into darkness. But none of them reached her as she caught sight of a pure black compressed shirt with light blue stripes.