Chapter 18

"I felt seen"

~~~

I looked to where Brooke had been sleeping for the past week to find she wasn't there. The sound of the grand piano playing in the living room made me smile. I hadn't heard her play since before her tour. Then I heard her actually begin to sing.

I walked out and leaned against the wall.

"And I hold you every night. That's a feeling I wanna get used to. But there's no woman as terrified as the woman who stands to lose you. Oh, I hope I don't lose you." She played out a few notes.

"That was pretty."

She turned around. "Good morning." She gave me a small smile. "Come sit with me." As she turned back to the piano, I went and sat.

"I miss hearing you sing." I pushed some of her dark hair behind her ear. "What made you come out here?"

"I missed singing too and I had these few notes stuck in my head. So, I thought I'd give it a shot."

She swung her leg over the bench and laid her hand on my cheek. "What?" A smile played at lips.

"Nothing." She leaned in and kissed me. "I just love you. That's all."

"I love you too." I pecked her lips again. "I'm going to go shower. Do you want to go out for breakfast?" I turned back to the piano and laid my fingers on the keys.

"We can do that. I can drive us around to sight see too. We haven't done much of that."

"We've spent a majority of the week in bed." I felt her lips on my neck.

"Well, at least we've been getting our exercise in." I laughed.

"So, I'm going to go shower and get dressed." Before Brooke could add, I said, "No, you can't shower with me. We'll never leave."

"You're no fun." She pouted.

"Yes, I am. And hey, when we get back, maybe we can spend more time in that hot tub."

"You can't say that and leave me hanging."

"I can and I did." I got up and started for the spiral stairs.

"Russel!" She groaned.

I only laughed and made my way up the stairs. I took a quick shower and tossed my hair up in a towel to dry. I stepped into the walk-in closet to find something to wear. I grabbed Brooke's black-on-black Essentials hoodie and a pair of leggings from my dresser drawers.

Just as I was finished, Brooke came walking in. "Hoodie thief."

"You have like fifty more in there."

"Forty-nine now."

"Smartass." She pulled a pair of jeans up her legs.

"Okie doke, I'm dressed."

"You need a shower."

"First off, I don't even smell." She put on a new shirt. "Second, I'll shower tonight."

"What do you mean you don't smell? You smell like sex and alcohol." Brooke wrapped her arms around me.

"We do have a lot of sex and drink a lot of alcohol. And like you mentioned earlier, we could put that hot tub to good use tonight." She nipped at my neck.

"You are literally the horniest person alive."

"If I remember correctly, you're the one who got us drunk last night."