to the ends of the earth - FRODO BAGGINS [A]

Start from the beginning

epigraph:

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything."

- plato

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

quotes:

"Using my music as a weapon, it feels so wrong, Frodo."

"Then don't use it as a weapon, use it as a shield, Bella."

belladonna underhill and frodo baggins

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

about:

fullname: Belladonna Underhill
age: 32 (as of the fellowship of the ring)
family: Madoc Underhill (Father)
Mary Underhill (Mother)
other unnamed family

the music

• So, Belladonna is special. She is the descendant of one of the Ainur, but not only that as she's chosen.

• Belladonna represents the Music of Ainur and therefore her music makes her very powerful so that even Sauron fears her.

• She's been singing and playing instruments all of her life, but she doesn't know how to bring out the power with it until Gandalf starts to teach her how. 

• She can use her song to make barriers/shields, make things explode, a little bit of spontaneous creation and probably a load more.

If you would like to know any other details about Belladonna, please private message me and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

notes:

• Hobbits age differently to humans and elves so Belladonna is actually 32 and Frodo is 33 in the first movie. 

• Gandalf visits the Shire regularly so he has heard Belladonna sing often, but he thinks little of it at first. As she grows, he can sense her power so when she's caught eavesdropping with Sam, he tells her to look after Frodo too and that he must tell her something when he returns.

• Sam and Bella share the Hobbit braincells and that is a fact.

• Belladonna is a hobbit so she's naturally kind hearted and tries to see good in people, but she's also tough and can release a whole lot of anger when she wants to.

• She can feel herself approaching Sauron. The nearer she gets, the stronger the feeling becomes.

• She is the only girl in the fellowship so she feels a little left out, but Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli make sure that she doesn't. Basically, all the non-hobbits are like Dads to her. Boromir is on very thin ice at times. 

• Frodo is the bearer of the ring and Belladonna is the descendant of an Aunir. They're drawn together. Destiny reeled them both in a long time ago.

• Frodo and Bella are so cute despite the circumstances. She's so caring over him yet all he can think about is how she is. Love them.

ACT ONE
the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring

• Sam and Bella are caught listening to Gandalf and Frodo and are both put in charge of looking after him. Gandalf promises to tell Bella her truth the next time he sees her. The black riders are afraid of her (which confuses her) and she's broken when they stab Frodo. In Rivendell, she recalls this to Gandalf who tells her the truth. Because of this, she's invited to sit upon the Council. Because of her power, Boromir also wants her along with the ring. Gandalf starts to teach her to harness her power and they grow close so she's devastated when he dies. Galadriel temporarily takes Belladonna under her wing. Bella leaves with Frodo and Sam.

ACT TWO
the lord of the rings: the two towers

• Bella is with Frodo and Sam and journeys with them. She tries to help Frodo as much as she can considering what's going on and is there for him as he suffers with the ring. Bella knows Bilbo's stories so doesn't trust Gollum but she likes to see good in people. When Faramir finds out about Bella's power, he begs for her help. But Bella is injured in Osgiliath so she insists they leave her behind, Frodo resists but Sam's reasonable and knows she's too hurt to travel. Bella is treated in Minis Tirith where the steward wants to use her for her power - he's such a creep.

ACT THREE
the lord of the rings: the return of the king

• Bella is reunited with Gandalf when he arrives with Pippin and she thinks she's hallucinating. At this point, Bella is healed enough to walk around and use her abilities to some extent and Gandalf helps heal her some more with magic. She sticks close to Gandalf here but her mind is constantly with Frodo as his is with her when it's not focused on the ring. She's very worried about him. Bella has never seen true battle before so she's horrified but puts her power to good use - big time. She survives the battle and goes with the others to distract Sauron from Frodo and then goes with Gandalf and the eagles to rescue him. Bella, having almost lost him, admits her feelings to the hobbit after he wakes up.

• Both Bella and Frodo go over with Gandalf. Bella feels like she'll be more comfortable with her power in the Undying Lands. You can decide if/when they have a family.

IMPORTANT — anything not mentioned in this timeline is up to you to develop, giving you space for your own ideas. Also, if you have any questions, please private message me, I'm more than happy to answer them.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

password — If you had to bear the ring, not Frodo, what would you do? and why?