Prologue

Safi'jiiva adult size above

(Kestrel POV)

What do you mean there is no skywing egg, Webs the seawing said, panicking. I mean, the skywing egg has been smashed. I found the egg destroyed right next to the icewing Hvitur's corpse. Well, what should we do now? There is no way anyone could sneak into the skywing hatchery now said Webs. Kestrel, the skywing, was thinking that maybe she could use one of the guard routes to get to the hatchery. Even if she tried, she was betting that Scarlet, the skywing queen, had something planned. I might have an idea said Webs. Oh, and what might that be idiot you going to sneak through with your bright green scales, kestrel announced with much sarcasm. No Webs said defeated, I might find another egg. Kestrel had absolutely no clue what he could possibly be talking about. You know what, go ahead and do whatever you want, The prophecy is already ruined Kestrel said with absolute fury. Okay, I'll be right back, said Webs not paying attention to Kestrels irritation.
After Webs left Kestrel, she was left alone to wait with absolutely no patience.

After fastly losing patience, she was about to leave and give up this whole prophecy thing. A thick metal clank hit the boulder, covering the entrance. Kestrel had a moment t of panic, that isn't Webs or Dune the sandwing they are supposed to announce when they return, and they definitely didn't leave with metal. She waited longer, hoping that if it was a Skywing patrol, they would leave and not notice that the boulder covered an entrance. She didn't hear any wing beats leaving, but she didn't hear them approach either, so Kestrel decided that she waited long enough and used dunes key to open the mechanism so that she could roll the stone away. Kestrel looked around, making sure that no one was near, and while looking down, she saw a deep red, rough looking egg. Kestrel thought to herself what egg could this possibly be while she picked it up she noticed her observation was correct, The egg was very rough and much more solid than any skywing egg even though it seemed to be the right color. Kestrel went back inside, concerned that the cavern the guardians stayed in would be found. Kestrel's original plan of ignoring the prophecy was gone in an instant. The only way that the egg got there was that the talons of peace found another skywing egg, though it was rather strange. At this point, she didn't care she just wanted this war to end and to be left alone.

Kestrel waited some more for Webs and Dune to return with their eggs they needed even though she had no clue what Webs was planning. While watching the Mudwing, Seawing, Nightwing, and odd looking Skywing egg, she heard both Dune and Webs at the entrance she unlocked the mechanism in the boulder and moved it out of the way. Kestrel was baffled at what Webs was holding, a Rainwing egg, the most useless dragon on the entire continent. What in your ash filled mind were you thinking she yelled at Webs. We needed a 5th egg, and I found one Webs defended. Why a Rainwing of all dragons, not an Icewing Kestrel argued. You know how cold it is there, and that would have been really difficult to get he whined. You are truly an idiot, I already got a Skywing egg, Kestrel announced. How did you manage finding one, Webs said baffled. I didn't think the talons of peace got one for me, Kestrel said hesitantly. But- We can talk about this later Webs was cut off by Dune. After they all headed inside, they placed the other two eggs with the others. Why did you put the Rainwing egg with the others Kestrel said obviously annoyed. It may not be a Skywing, but it can't hatch alone, and are you even sure that is a Skywing it is much bigger than the other eggs, Webs said with utter confusion. You shut it, you couldn't even get one in the first place, Kestrel said with heavy offense.
Hey, I was just saying I didn't mean anything by it Webs said with worry for his life. Unknown to those two, the mudwing egg started to crack. Hey, you two pay attention the mudwing is hatching. The two guardians immediately stopped fighting and watched the small egg. Immediately after it hatched, it ran to the seawing egg and started to smash the water dragon egg, Webs immediately panicked and grabbed the small Mudwing. What in the world was that Dune said bewildered. I think this one will be a great fighter, especially since it will be the biggest Kestrel said with a smug expression. While they were watching all the new baby dragon hatch, the little Mudwing managed to scrabble out of Webs claws unnoticed.
The little dragon quickly ran over to the strange egg and curled around it. Kestrel noticed first, hey Dune Webs look over here it isn't attacking the skywing egg. Both male guardians looked over, that's odd it was just attacking the other egg and-. Just then, the egg started to crack, Webs quickly picked up the little Mudwing for the second time, even though this was for a completely different reason. The first thing to come out was an oddly thick spiked tail than the body, wings, and head, all covered in nubs that were designed to become spikes when it grew older. That is definelty no Skywing said Dune, that may not be true, I agree there said Kestrel, but it's the closest thing we have to one. So what are we going to do about the Rainwing said Dune. Well, we can't just put it back it hatched already, and there is no way we are killing a dragonet said Webs with assertion. Fine, but you are taking care of it said Kestrel with digust.

A/N, so I think that this went well for a prolog. Also, I ended up finishing the prolog with over 1000 words so that is what I am going to try continuing, also I will try to update this story every Saturday I will inform you if I can't make that deadline.