08

"What's with all this stuff? These screens? I mean can any of this help me find Simon?" Clary asked as everyone gathered around a large table, eyes scanning the high tech she wasn't quite used to yet.

"Where is he anyway? Some kind of crypt in hotel Transylvania?" The redhead joked.

"Actually, no, that was Camille's outfit wasn't it, right? They're locals." Jace confirmed with the siblings.

"They're in Hotel Dumort, down in Gansevoort street." Isabelle informed, making Clary's eyes widen.

"Then why did we come back here? We have to go there! Let's go, now, come on!" Clary beckoned frantically, of course, Alec had an objection.

"We need a clave resolution for that."

Lexa turned towards him with a look of disbelief, "Do you need a clave resolution to breathe?"

"Guys! We need to stay focused. The five of us can't declare a war with the vamps all by ourselves." Isabelle cut the two off, actually looking serious for once.

"And we can't react without considering our options. Downworlders are slaves to their impulses. We're not." Alec finished for her.

"Alec, you can't just jump on all the downworlders!" Isabelle seemed defensive, Lexa was about to ask-

"Oh, that's right. Seelies have their charm apparently," Alec smirked at his sister, who couldn't contain her grin, "right?"

"Seelies?" Clary wondered.

"Like faeries. The fair folk." Jace turned to explain patiently.

"Wait, like pixies, elves? Basically anybody half-angel, half-demon, right?" Lexa cut in, eyes full of childlike curiosity.

"You've heard of them?" Jace asked, eyebrow raised.

"My friend told me a bit about them, back in the day," She grinned, reminiscing her past.

"Hunter friend?" Alec questioned, a curiosity for human hunters forming in his brain.

"Yeah, we used to go on hunts together, " Lexa chuckled slightly, "He kind of had a thing for gathering information about different species."

"Speaking of things, Izzy can tell you all about them. She has one too," Alec turned to tease his sister.

"We've all got our things, don't we?" Isabelle shot back with a smirk. Lexa noticed Alec's face transform from humored to serious, making a mental note of it.

"Okay, I can't listen to this, Simon has been kidnapped by vampires. My family is being kidnapped one by one, all for a cup I don't have. I refuse to lose my family and if you guys can't help me, then I guess I'll just take care of it myself." Clary bursted, clearly irritated and upset at their lack of interest in her friend, she turned on her heels, ready to exit the Institute and find Simon herself.

"Clary, you're gonna get yourself killed." Jace tried to stop her, seeing as the girl kept walking, he spoke again, "Clary, Simon too."

That made her stop and turn around, walking back towards them, eyes more determined than before.
"Then help me. While we consider other options, my best friend is suffering. Is that something Shadowhunters understand or am I just being a mundane?"

There was silence for a second or two, the three shadowhunters just glancing at each other. Lexa stepped closer to Clary.
"I'm with you every step of the way, Clary."

Clary's eyes softened as she smiled, thankful for her friend's support.

"Clary's right. They made the first move. We're gonna take care of this ourselves. Right now."