Chapter 14

"Wo.. pehle hi neeche aa gayi thi. Washroom gayi hai." She lied smoothly, been doing that for years now. Covering for her best friend.

"Good night." She added, parting her way towards her bedroom.

"Sana?" Anju called from the hallway.

"Aunty aap soye nahi?" Shehnaaz asked her, looking down from the first floor corridor.

"Nahi, koi nahi soya abhi. Sab baith ke baat hi kar rahe the, kal ke rasam ki tayyari karne ke bare me. Tu Mickey ko bhej neeche, mai kabse awaz laga rahi hu usko." Anju replied.

"Aunty wo, bathroom me hai. Bhejti hu." Shehnaaz lied again.

"Tumhare kamre se hi aa rahi hu mai, nahi hai wo." Anju answered.

"Terrace me hogi fir, maine dekha nahi." Shehnaaz shrugged, trying not to look at Sidharth who was there.

"You sneaked her out." He concluded once Anju left.

"Shh!" She shushed him, dialing Sheena's number but it said that her device was turned off so she dialled Gurjot's number.

"Jhoot pe jhoot, you're smooth at it." He commented further with a smirk, watching her worry about the situation.

"Sidharth, you're not helping!" She replied and simply stood there.

"Hi Sana, mai tujhe call karne wali thi. Cover kar lena please, mai subha hone se pehle aa jaungi." Sheena answered the call and spoke even before Shehnaaz could talk.

"Bakwas mat kar, Aunty Uncle sab jag rahe hain!" Shehnaaz whispered shout.

"Kya?! Arey yaar! Sana, mai Dwarka ja rahi hu. Guru ke apartment me." Sheena replied.

"Kya karne?" Shehnaaz asked.

"Aur kya karne!?" Sheena replied in a duh tone.

"Behenchod! Shaadi ke baad jitni marzi kar lena! Aunty dhund rahi hai tujhe!" Shehnaaz almost shouted, Sidharth snickered listening to her talk.

"Abe, aunty aake dekh ke gaye jab tu kamre me nahi thi. Unko kuch baat karni hai, Mickey him fass jayenge! Jaldi aaa!" She added and hung up.

"I think tumlog already fass chuke ho." He commented.

"Sidharth! Jao na yaar!" She glared at him.

"Mai jau? Aur yeh drama miss kardu? No way dude, mai toh popcorn mangwane ka soch raha hu." He chuckled, leaning against her bedroom door.

It had been years since he saw Sheena getting scolded and bashed by her mother for being a complete spoilt brat. He had always loved every moment of her getting grounded for her deeds. Once Sheena had thrown his football away because he told her that she wasn't tall enough to play with him and his friends. The football hit a car passing by the building's compound and the driver had almost dashed into the children because of the unexpected ball on his windscreen. Also, his football got punctured when it hit the gardening tools after it collided with the car. That girl was a menace to the society when she was a child. What Sidharth enjoyed a lot was Sheena getting scolded up by her mother, even though he'd later let her play with him and his friends as a compensation.

Shehnaaz wanted to smack his handsome face and that beautiful smirk, he might surely lure her with his looks but he was only adding to the fuel at the moment.

"Oh, ab maza aayega." He whispered and Shehnaaz looked up, confused.

"Kaha hai Mickey?" Anju entered the room with a pretty angry face this time.

"Sana? Sach bol. Ye pehli baar nahi hai jo Mickey gayab hai. Mujhe kya bewakoof samjha hai?" Anju scolded Shehnaaz.

"Aunty, raste me hai. Aa rahi hai wo." Shehnaaz mumbled.