"Ruby"

"She's bleeding ... bleeding from ... from down t-there"

"They literally f**ked her to death"

"Someone close her eyes, she's dead"

"She shouldn't have raised her voice"

"Dumb bi**h"

...

Gulping the lump formed in my throat, I forced myself to concentrate on the man in front of me and not the memories flooding in.

If he really is involved in the mafia, he wouldn't hesitate to kill.

So, what?

Does he expect me to back off, to bow to him, to turn docile?

Scoff.

I will throw my life away, but I will not bow to a man, especially in front of one in the mafia ever in my life.

They have played with me enough.

I will not let one more disgusting scum toss me around like a pushover, like an object, like a damsel.

....

"These wh*res are so easy to handle. When they feel like growing a spine, beat them a few times and they'll bow their heads."

"And for those who resist too much, swing a gun in front of them and they'll f**king cry in submission."

"As weak as rats."

"It gives a high while trampling them under our feet."

.....

The sudden outburst of memories of those voices, those words, that excruciatingly unbearable touch is starting to cloud my consciousness with rage despite my effort to shake them off, my palms clenching so tight that my knuckles felt numbed at the hold around the dagger in my hand.

Filthy trash!

"Pathetic wimps.", I muttered in disgust.

All of them.

To give into such men is no different than rotting in that hellhole and I will die a million times, but will never bow to them ever again in my life.

If killing is easy to him, then dying is far easier to me than feeding his superiority.

Clenching my jaw evidently tight as raw fury coursed through me, I looked him straight in his gray eyes, my own eyes seething, uncontrollably enraged.

Respect?

I don't even consider these mafia scum as humans.

I would gladly kill all of them if given a chance.

And even with my life on the line, I will not give a mafia bast**d the satisfaction of my submission.

That had been my promise to all the struggle my past self had gone through and I will stand by it till my last breathing moment.

~*~

VINCENT

(From a few minutes ago)

Firing at the men attacking us, I along with Cavin and the other men walked up the hill towards where my men had led the employees of my company and Clay's.

"How did they know this location? This is no mere coincidence.", I said calmly, curbing my displeasure at the sudden ambush.

"I'm sure it's the work of the mole we're searching for, sir.", Cavin replied.