Mallory makes her otherworldly nature clearly known to Eve, who had found out that she was different back in "Tower, Pt. II". She levitates and floats around in a Batmite/Mr. Mxyzptlk-esque fashion, but eventually finds a moment of sobriety to encourage Eve to continue on her current path.

Eve guesses that Mallory is "playing a game" and that the game has "rules". There have been numerous references to this concept throughout the "Power: Struggle" series.

Eve says that Mallory reminds her of her great-grandmother. We then cut to a shot of Mallory on top of the plane with yellow light glowing beneath her skin, followed by the rest of the colours. She then calls out to Fisi again: "My Fifth. Press on."

Defender refers to Cameron as "Cam-a-lama-ding-dong", which is a reference to all the nicknames he came up with for her back in "Target".

The second meeting between the Protectors and Fisi introduces Eve to the main cast. She makes no effort to make herself likeable.

CHAPTER V: Eve has her first interaction with Zuriel, during which she condescends to him, knowing fully well that he cannot hurt her in his spectral state. She does a little trolling, as we all know.

Zuriel tells Eve to have Fisi retrieve the record from the Director's room. Eve obliges, but knows that Fisi will not take care of it as Alastor hoped. And of course, Fisi has no intention of helping his one-time nemesis.

Eve has a conversation with the slim Masked Man who has been seen throughout the "Power" series. He calls her "senhora", which should be enough of a clue to tell you who he is—or who he used to be, at least.

As stated in the Author's Note, Eve's interaction with Fitch and Hatchet at the wedding has been overhauled. Edits will be made to match this version as opposed to the currently existing one.

Fisi's attack and capture of the Celestials is shown in full detail. He has far surpassed the limits of their power and easily subdues them, binding them within the Bila ya Nyota.

CHAPER VI: Fisi hits a bump in the road when Bundi's owl saves Mr. Barakoa and Amani. Not only would capturing them have weakened the Protectors; it would have weakened Eve as well. Now his advantage has been slightly... diminished.

Eve's discovery of the methods to wake the Founders is revealed in this chapter. She finds out that the Founders originally knew how to Awake, but wiped the memories from their own minds. 

The different "eras" of R'lyehian are mentioned here, as they were in the Afterword portion concerning Chapter XIII of "Dreams".

Mallory reveals that she was involved with the Cult of the Founders back in the day, in order to, quote, "make sure everything was in order". More cryptic clues concerning her identity.

Speaking of which, she then tells Eve to "Listen to the echoes of the dreams". If you can figure out what this means, congratulations—because it's extremely vague.

CHAPTER VII: Eve uses her own version of Adam's "binding chant" to activate the Black Binding, which leads her right back to the scene in "Tower, Pt. II", where she encounters Adam himself in a point between past, present, and future. The indistinct figures in the fog are revealed to be the excavation team, witnessing the interaction—as well as Eve's actions before and after the Binding—in an infinitesimal moment of time. No wonder they went crazy.

The story ends with Lyssa finally escaping the Bila ya Nyota as the Starless Sky is opened and Lovecraftian entities descend upon the Earth.

It's utter chaos.

So here we are. The official final book of the "P O W E R : S T R U G G L E" series has been started, and will be released somewhere around mid-Spring.

It's been a real treat falling down this rabbit hole of stories with all of you guys—especially those of you who've been here from the very beginning. It truly warms my heart that you've stuck around and made it to this point with me over the course of—what, almost three years? Insane. Y'all are the best.

Now enough mushy stuff. Everything has come to a head. The Holy War, Xirxine's integration, the Giants' Rising, the Opening and Convergence, the Dark Celestials arrival—even dating as far back as the Founding of the Havens; all of it has pushed the planet to its critical point, culminating in an all-out war.

The world is overcome by a sense of... finality.

Next up: the final chapter.

"P O W E R : F I N A L I T Y". Coming soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

("P O W E R : T O W E R , Part III" was written from December 3, 2023 to January 22, 2024.)