Suicidal Shadow

I kept walking through the empty halls. It was starting to get creepy, I'm new in this castle they call a school, I have no idea where I am, and I'm hearing noises. Like footsteps. I turn to look behind me and there was nothing, I was starting to question my mind, first a female figure, now hearing voices.

"Jenna!"

I swiftly turn around and once again, nothing. I started to speed walking until I found the girls room and turned on the faucet, splashing water on my face taking deep breaths.

"Your okay, your just overwhelmed is all." I told myself, looking up at the mirror but instead of seeing my reflection, I only saw what was behind, the bathroom itself. I wasn't there. When I turned back, I saw myself again, with the same scared stiff emotion.

I pushed myself away and dashed out the bathroom as if my life depended on it. I kept running and running through the halls, but as I looked back to make sure everything was the same which it was, I crashed into someone, both landing on the floor. I looked back and saw that I was on top of the one club member with glasses.

"S-sorry!" I apologized loudly, getting up and helping him up as well.

"It's quite alright." He said pushing his glasses up against the bridge of his nose. I looked down feeling guilty and felt the sun shine on our bodies. But he was the only one with a shadow. I shot my face to look at the wall and then noticed both our shadows. I rubbed my eyes and started to freak out.

"Miss Zoy, are you alright?" He asked with concern.

"Y-Yeah." I stuttered again, keeping my eyes on my shadow, afraid that if I made a wrong move, it'd disappear again.

"Why don't you come back to the club room, we need to discuss some things with you." He said starting to walk away, I slowly turned my head towards his direction and followed him back to those large fancy doors with a sign, declaring the name of the room. He opened it up and allowed me to walk in first.

"You found her Kyo-chan!" The little boy said with a bunny.

"Are you alright Jenna?" The tall blonde asked, I nodded as I looked at my shadow, making sure it was still there.

"Yeah." I sighed. Maybe I was just crazy. Then my eyes caught sight of Haruhi in between the twins, looking like she was about to cry.

"Hey, I'm sorry about what I said earlier. I didn't mean to upset you." I apologized, he or she seemed a bit better but not a lot.

"Its fine." She replied seeming down still, both of the twins put their hand on her shoulder.

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't remember anything, except for them brining me to the ER." I said pointing at the twins, no both their eyes started to widen.

"Hikaru, Kaoru." The blonde started.

"We didn't know it was you." The high pitched one said in full on shock.

"Either it was you or your identical quadruplets." I shrugged giving a blank look, then noticing the wind starting to pick up speed outside.

I looked back at the wall and my shadow was gone, I noticed it next to the window, it didn't move. No one seemed to notice either, maybe it was just my imagination. It looked like it wanted out of this room, away, gone. I cautiously started to walk past everybody and towards the window.

"Jenna?" Haruhi asked, but I ignored everyone. Only hearing my footsteps echo through the room. Until I stopped once I was face to face with the window and its latch. I looked at my shadow for a second before placing my hand on the hook and lifted it and the wind pushed the window open with such force.

"Well?" I whispered to it but it stayed put. I looked back to the front, admiring the view of the outside, only it was different, the trees were aligned in an almost purposeful way. I adjusted my sighting and it was a word spelled out.

J U M P

My eyes widen, I rubbed them to make sure I wasn't seeing things and I wasn't, the letters were still there. I heard the other students call out my name as the wind picked up speed. I looked at my shadow, I don't know why anyone hasn't noticed it dis-attached to my body.

"Jump"

I couldn't tell if it was my mind or my actual shadow telling me this. I kept my eyes on it, not knowing what to do, so many thoughts racing through my mind.

"Jump"

I turned my attention back to the scenery. Was it my mind telling me to do this? Was is paranormal? Was it God? I had no idea, my eyes were locked on the letters, I couldn't hear anything but the wind brushing across my ears.

"Jenna!" I blinked and notice that I was standing on the edge of the window, the tips of my shoes over the edge. All of a sudden I was yanked backwards and fell on the floor and heard the windows slam shut. The tall and short guy closing the windows and those twins standing on each side of me.

"What were you thinking!?" They each yelled. Was I really going to jump? I don't remember walking on the cill or my arms separated from my waist, in a falling possition.

"Are you insane!?" They yelled again. I didn't cry, in fact no tears came, I looked back down and my shadow was attached to me again. I moved my hand in front of my face and to the side as if I were waving and it copied my exact moves.

"Do I belong?" I asked quietly, looking up and seeing each of their confused faces.

"What do you mean?" The tall one asked.

"Do I belong here? On Earth?" I asked and each face had surprise and hurt written across, why though? I just met these people and they're giving me looks as if they knew me for years and how I was questioning about life.

Why is that?