Chapter 9

December 19th, 1997.

I waited for her to arrive at the park with Hakkai. It was a snowy day and the sun was setting, but suddenly Hakkai told me that he's going to roam around alone a bit and will be back soon.

I didn't mind that at all and continued to wait for her, that was until I saw a girl entering the park. I was sure that it was Y/N, but it wasn't. Instead it was Hakkai's sister Yuzuha.

She came up to me and started a conversation. I was alone and had nothing to do anyways so I just went on talking for what felt like fifteen minutes. After that, he informed that Y/N wasn't coming because he saw her going somewhere with her mother.

When she saw him, she went upto him and said she had to go somewhere because it was emergency and would talk to us later.

But since then she didn't talked to me at all. I was worried about her. She didn't even looked up at me for an entire year but slowly she did but it still felt like we were distant. She stopped calling me by my first name but called Hakkai, Yuzuha and Emma by their first names.

I felt like as if we weren't friends anymore. Not even best friends.

It hurt me so much. I loved her from the bottom of my heart but she started to ignore me and hung around with Hakkai more than me. I had no choice other than to listen to Hakkai and talk with Yuzuha but deep down I missed Y/N and wanted to be her friend again.

...

It was the tenth grade, when she finally started to talk to me, in the way I wanted.

I loved her since we were little kids and seeing her just going away from me made me hurt so much.

Hakkai always told me that everything was normal and I should return the feelings Yuzuha has for me but I simply couldn't, so I made myself clear one day and told her that she should find a guy who would love her back as much as he will love him.

Since then, she started to maintain a distance and Y/N started to talk to me again after a month or so.

The friendship was great but it still didn't felt like before and something was surely missing.

But in this grade, she confessed to Hakkai. I acted like it didn't bothered me or anything and instead I tried to help her out but...it just felt so wrong.

That's when suddenly, one day, during a fight, I got injured and saw Y/N coming to the place Takemicchi, Hakkai, Chifuyu and Peh took me to.

She treated my wounds and while doing so, I wanted to hug her right there but I couldn't. I wanted to tell her how I actually felt about her and she should stop crying over Hakkai. But Takemichi came out of nowhere and she treated that bruise on his eyes too which changed the situation completely.

But Luna and Mana soon told her how i felt when she came over to check up on me the next day while I was gone. I was scared that she'll again distance herself and I'll lose her, but it didn't and instead she agreed to be my prom date.

But a few weeks later, I saw Her, Hina and Hakkai talking in private. I was curious and listened to them and realised that it was actually all a plan?

Y/N, Hinata and Hakkai made a plan where Y/N will fake propose to Hakkai which will lead to this situation so that I would date Y/N.

It felt all wrong. Surely she did this because she loved me but was scared to confess and did something stupid, right?