Chapter 8

December 18th, 1997.

A gentle snowfall begins to coat the park in a white blanket, the trees stand bare and snow-covered. The sound of footsteps echoing over the snow-covered paths adds to the tranquil winter scene. The sun was about to set and a bright glow from nearby street lamps illuminates the park, casting long shadows across the snow.

Your tiny feet lead you to the park where you promised to meet up with your crush and his friend, Mitsuya Takashi and Shiba Hakkai.

You made cookies a few moments ago and decided to share it with them, so you called them to the park to share the freshly baked cookies.

"There he is!" He smiled goofily seeing the silver-lilac haired little boy standing in the middle of the park, kicking the snow on the path "Hey Mit-" before you could even shout his name to announce your arrival, someone pulled you to the side, behind a tree "Hey! Let me g- Hakkai?"
"Y/N, shhhh stay quiet" he whispered and pointed and his best friend.

You looked at him and were confused until you saw Hakkai's sister, Yuzuha coming inside the park and walking towards him.

"Isn't that Yuzuha?" You asked tilting your head to the side "what is she doing here?"
"Y/N, I'm sorry to make you stand here like this, but Yuzuha wanted me let her talk to Mitsuya, after all she likes him too much"

Your heart dropped at his words 'like Mitsuya?'
"I think he might also like her back, but I'm not so sure of it, but as her brother, I'm gonna try my best to set them up!"

You wanted to tell him that you loved Mitsuya aswell, but somehow couldn't.

Since then you watched the two hang out a lot and your feelings started to hide themselves not wanting to get revealed.

That was until the tenth grade, when you saw her distancing herself away from him. Maybe they broke up? Who knows, but since then you thought about why not become close to him again? It honestly hurt you so bad when you distanced yourself away from him.

So when you finally started to hang out with him again, it felt like as if a missing piece of your heart was attached again. You felt happy.

And finally in the second final year of the high school, you knew you were running out of time, one more year and who knows where the two of you will go. So, you told Hakkai that you still liked Mitsuya which you seemed to reveal to him in the past, and while you were joking with Hina and him about a plan where you'll pretend to like Hakkai to spend time with Mitsuya, it actually seemed like a good idea.

The three of you were hesitant about it but it seemed like a good idea even if it felt wrong.

So the act started.