Chapter 5

The next morning you walked to Mitsuya's house to see how he was doing.

*Knock knock*
"Hello? Is M-" before you could speak, you saw the door open slantly and two little girls peeking and instantly grinned. "Luna! Mana!" You squeaked as they smiled widely seeing you and hugged you tightly which you returned.
"L/N-kun! I missed youuuu!"
"I missed you both aswellll!" You said matching their energy

"Are you here to see big brother?"
"Mhm, is he home?"
"He was! He just just uhhh went outside to give a notebook to that tallll friend of his!"
"Tall friend? Notebook? Ohh you mean Peh-yan, right?"
"Yeahhhhh!"

"They were talking about this project they were doing a few days ago so makes sense, anyways, do you know how your brother's wounds are? Is he fine?"
The two girls frowned "He came back home really late last night and was covered in slight bloody bandages and said that this really pretty lady helped him out so we shouldn't worry!"

'pretty lady?' "oh? Is that so? What else did he say?"
"You wanna know?" The two smiled widely and got near you on the couch and said in a hushed voice which was still loud enough. "You promise not to tell anyone?"
"Promise!"

"Well, we asked what happened and who was the pretty lady so he kept on changing the topic until he finally gave in and said that it was YOU!"
'Big surprise there woah!' you thought sarcastically and giggled "woah! Me! I'm so honoured" you bowed playfully making the girls laugh "and what else?"
"Hm? Oh! So we thought that he may stillll likeeee youuu and asked if he does or not and after a lot of asking, he said YES!"

'HOLD UP. HE LIKED ME??? HE STILL DOES?!" Your eyes widened in shock and furrowed your brows 'what do you mean that he liked me?!'

You remained silence which was broken by a thud.

You looked up at the source of the noise to see Mitsuya standing near the couch frightening his sisters.

"I-"
He remained calm but looked, worried? "Luna, Mana, head back to your room"
"But-"
"No buts"
They were slightly scared now and rushed back to their room leaving you with him

"Mitsuya I-"
"Y/N look I'm sorry uhm I-"

He couldn't find the words to speak and stood silent feeling a mix of emotions, especially worry.

"What Luna and Mana said, please just ignore it and uh"
"Mitsuya, if you liked me why didn't you told it to me before?"
"I tried to" He said without looking up at you "But you liked Hakkai, so I chose to stay silent I'm sorry that you had to find it in this way but-"

"It's okay Mitsuya, it's okay, you don't have to explain yourself"
"You're not mad at me, are you?"
"No? Why would I be?" You asked confusedly "but, I used to think that you liked Yuzuha"

"Yuzuha?? Hakkai's sister? No I never liked her? What're you talking about?"
"What do you mean that you never liked her? We all knew that you two were inlove with each other and stuff-"

"You got it all wrong Y/N, i never liked Yuzuha, she was the one who had a crush on me, not the opposite. Hakkai used to convince me a lot to date her but I could only hang out with her, i had no other intentions because I loved you and maybe, i still do and honestly, seeing you try to impress Hakkai just pissed me off a lot because he never liked you but you still trying your best hurted me honestly" he admitted with a slightly red face

You couldn't help but to smile and hug him tight.
"I'm sorry that I hurt you like that but I just...liked Hakkai so much," you sighed "But...but I'm trying to move on from him because i finally agreed to realise that I'm trying to impress someone who never acknowledged any romantic thing i did for him" you said as he hugged you back
"It's okay, Y/N, i understand and I'm happy that you finally realised it"

You pulled back and stood there nervously.

"So I uhm gotta go now, I just came to check up on you"
"Oh uhm, I'm pretty good now I think?"

You two stood there awkwardly not sure if there's anything more to say until Mitsuya broke the silence.

"Uhm Y/N?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm not sure if it's a good time to tell you this but after what I admitted a while ago I think it's okay to ask if you would like to be my date to the prom" he said nervously while scratching the back of his neck "look I'm just asking you because we both don't have a date yet and it looks like you finally understood that showing Hakkai the love he wou-"

"You don't have to explain it to me Mitsuya, i would love to be your date to the prom!" You smiled "I mean it's better than to cry over someone who already made himself clear, right?" 'i feel so shit right now....what am I even saying?'
"Haha guess I finally made you understand" he smiled before looking at the time "Oh I have to go to Mikey's house, do you want a ride to your house? I'll be going from that road so I won't have a problem"
"Sure!"

Within ten minutes, you finally got to your house and got down from the bike.

"Thank you for the ride, I'll see you at the school!" You smiled making him blush slightly "Alright, I'm heading inside" you said giving him a quick kiss on the cheek and running back inside.

"Oh Y/N.." he smiled before starting his engine and driving away. "I love you."