Chapter 1

"I'm sorry...but I don't like you in that way, Y/N-chan"

Your eyes widened in shock "w-what do you mean- I....I...." You stared back down to your trembling hands which were holding this love letter you wrote for him.
"I'm so sorry Y/N-chan but I-"

Before he could even finish, you ran away from the hall to somewhere, which was far away from him.

"I feel bad for her"
"I'm so sorry but I don't like her back"
"It's understandable to be honest"
"I should go now, the bell's gonna ring any moment now"
"Yeah, i should head to the club too"

Getting rejected was not a great feeling and the chances of the friendship ruining is high but you only live once right? So you tried and oh well.

How were you supposed to show up the next day at school now? Wouldn't it be embarassing to see his face again or make an eye contact? Don't you both share the same classes? What if the teacher makes you sit with him?

You sighed and walked outside of the school after the class got over for the day and took a deep breath and tried your best to smile which didn't worked at all as a certain silver-lilac haired male looked directly at your direction and smiled.

"Mitsuya"

He slowly started walked towards you while removing his headphones from his ears. "Hey, L/N-chan"
"Mitsuya, do you need something?"
"Uhm, not really, it's just that Hakkai felt really bad after rejecting you and he wanted to apologise, but couldn't face you after that so yeah and he hope that you both can stay friends" He said, a sweat dropping from his forehead

'Was he really nervous to say all these?' you thought and looked at the ground "it's okay, i-i understand that, it's not his fault anyways"

You two stood in an uncomfortable silence before Mitsuya broke it
"Uhm so I should go now, I'll see you later!"

Nod

"Y/N, you should try to cheer up, you know rejection is a normal thing, maybe the love you had for Hakkai would be returned soon by someone else who would love you the way you deserve to be loved"
"You don't get it Mitsuya...I loved him so much that I....I"

Tears started to fall down your eyes as you started to sob.
"Shhh...Y/N, don't cry like that now" Mitsuya was feeling terrible for you and pulled you in a hug to comfort you.

Maybe if you cried your pain out, it would help you to feel better?