Volume 1 Chapter 6: New York City!

Previously:
They all devoured the pizza mercilessly and no piece was left behind. Iruna headed to one of the two bedrooms. She was exhausted. She walked straight towards the empty space. She created a huge bed with magic. She fell asleep the instant she hit the bed.

Iruna woke to hear chattering and excited exclaims. She sat up and rubbed her eyes as she yawned softly. She washed up and went to the bathroom. She walked into the living room and saw them watching an action movie on the huge flat screen tv. They all looked her way and smiled. She walked over to them and yawned softly. "Sabro?" He looked at her curiously. "Yes, Iruna?" "My bed was lonely, can we all sleep together tonight?" His tail wrapped around her waist and he set her down next to him and Alice. "We didn't want to cross any lines but if that's what you want. We can definitely do that." Sabro stated respectfully. She leaned up against Alice and clung to his arm. He set on fire slightly but his flames didn't burn. It just made her feel warm. "Let's go out and have some more fun. I have a bunch of ideas. I can't wait to show off my old home." She closed her eyes and drifted to sleep. She didn't get much sleep due to her constantly having nightmares.

Iruna was struck across the face by Kalego. She was reliving her twisted reality in her dreams in the forms of nightmares. "I thought you would protect me!" "I'm hungry! I'm starving! Humans are food! I must devour your flesh!" She turned around and ran away from him in the pitch black void. Her classmates' faces went from smiling to looking hungry. They all used their magic to try and capture her. She wasn't Iruma. She couldn't dodge everything and be unharmed. She was slashed by the sharp winds of Goemon's katana blade. She got frostbite from Kerori Crocell. "Who knew a tasty treat was inches away from us!?" "I can't wait to eat your heart!" "Yummy!" "Tasty!" "Stop running, human!" "Run more, I love the chase!" She couldn't get away from them. They were just too fast and strong. They could easily break her bones. Their magic was devastating. She was a weak bunny and they were starving wolves.

But then suddenly out of nowhere a flash of light blinded her for a few seconds. She was yanked into a warm and protective embrace. His warm presence and loving eye contact made her heart calm down. "Our bond of love is greater than anything else." A small figure clung to her leg. "Our bond of having fun together is greater than anything else!" A very long and large tail wrapped around her waist. A large figure loomed over them and looked down into her fearful eyes. "Our bond of comradery is greater than anything else." They all got ready to use their Magic at max strength. "We love you for who you are to us. Not because you are a demon or a human."

Iruna woke up crying, screaming in fear, and shaking violently. She was in the bed and they were keeping her company this time. They said all sorts of things to soothe her fear and she clung to them desperately. She wasn't alone. She had someone to rely on. She had friends who loved her.

They all walked towards the theater with their gang attire. But despite their rough appearance they were rich. They paid for everything in hundred bills and got a box seat without any issue. They put down their gang name, "The Misfits." So they can keep their real name a secret. They were treated like royalty. They leaned back in their fancy satin velvet chairs that were decorated with gold filigree. Iruna got out of her chair and made it disappear. And walked over towards Saburo. He looked down at her fidgeting nervously with her hands. "What's up, Iruna?" She looked up into his eyes like a cute little puppy. His eyes widened at how cute she was acting. "I really want, no, desire to sit on your lap?" He grinned widely as he wrapped his tail around her waist. He lifted her up and set her down on his lap. He made his chair to fit his large size with magic. "I can't possibly deny your desire. If you desire it again. Just let me know." He ruffled her hair playfully. "Okay." She was blushing so hard right now.

The lights of the theater began to dim as the curtains opened up to reveal the narrator of the story. The musical play was of,"Into The Woods." A very classic that's perfect for theater beginners. Iruna hugged Saburo's thick tail. He chuckled softly as his tail reacted to her soft actions. Alice was excited; he likes plays and Clara likes singing. And Saburo likes learning new things. And Iruna loves all of the above. She enjoys playing instruments, singing, listening to music, watching plays, and musicals. She was so happy she was here sitting on Saburo's lap and watching something she grew up around.

They left the theater with bright smiles. Iruna spun around and exclaimed,"Let's go eat sub sandwiches next, Steve-O's Subz! Oooh and go to GalaxyBucks to get some awesome coffee!" "Lead the way, master." "I'm excited to try new food." Saburo exclaimed excitedly. Clara leaped up into the air and wrapped her arms around her neck and shouted out excited. "Food and drinks!" She smiled and laughed amused. "Follow me."

Iruna walked up to the end of the line and the very sight of their gang. It sent chills of fear throughout the bodies of whoever was standing in line. They got their orders and instantly booked it out of the store. "Make it your own sandwich place, guys. I'll go first and then you can do whatever." They nodded their heads. "I want a roast beef sandwich with American cheese, toasted. And then add lettuce, tomato, black olives, onions, bell peppers, and more cheese. Then put vinaigrette, mayonnaise, spicy mustard, and olive oil on it afterwards." They took her order and looked over at Alice and Clara clinging to his shoulder. "I'll have the same as her." "Same here!" Saburo stepped up to the glass screen and he towered over the human behind the counter. They stared ahead only to look up with shock and fear. The scent of their terror made him grin devilishly. They three weren't acting like the anime or manga version of their characters. They were more realistic and devil-like. Clara had self awareness and higher intelligence. Alice was more prone to violence. Saburo likes to cause chaos and his  devil jock attitude was intense. But whenever they were around her, they were tame and didn't need to cause pain to humans to be happy.

Saburo ordered 8 subs, all different. He wanted to try different kinds of things all while he was in the human world. They ordered cherry coke and got a white chocolate raspberry cookie on the side. And their bag of chips of their choosing. Alice got something spicy. Clara got cheddar cheese chips. Saburo got barbecue sauce chips. Iruna got salt and vinegar chips. They all sat down and the shop cleared out to avoid their intense energy. The instant someone looked Iruna's way strangely or rudely. They felt their hearts leap out of their chests. At the sudden feeling of the atmosphere heating up. The atmosphere around their group to outsiders was suffocating. Iruna took a bite into the sub and the juices of condiments splashed her taste buds. She chewed it with satisfaction. "This is so good!"

To be continued…