Part 3 ~ Chapter 19

Start from the beginning

"Grampa!" Kala exclaimed happily as Stoick came into view.

Stoick's eyes widened as she attempted to run towards him and he met her halfway as he realized who the toddler was, scooping her up in his arms.

"Well look at you! Gorgeous as can be! Just like your grandmother!" He laughed out as he held his granddaughter close and took in her appearance.

"Wook at what Daddy made me!" Kala said excitedly as she lifted her arms to show off her new clothes.

"A very pretty outfit for a very pretty lassie." Stoick agreed, nodding with a smile before he looked at Hiccup. "When'd she get her human form son?"

"Overnight I think. She was in human form when she woke me up this morning." Hiccup explained as he stood and dusted off his pants.

"That explains it. Her birthday was just yesterday after all." Stoick said as he transferred Kala into Hiccup's arms as she began to squirm for her father when he approached.

Hiccup took her gratefully and rested her on his hip as he adjusted his hold on her. "Yeah. I was a little worried that she would be a late bloomer since she never got it yesterday, but she proved me wrong." He said as he nuzzled Kala, who giggled and nuzzled him back happily.

Stoick chuckled and nodded. "Aye, seems that worry was for nothing. Guess she just needed a bit of rest as her body changed."

Hiccup nodded in agreement. "Yeah, guess so."

~~~HTRYNF~~~

"So you gonna tell us why we're at the academy or?" Astrid asked with a raised brow as she rested a hand on her hip, gesturing to her surrogate brother with the other as all her weight shifted to one foot.

"Is this another out of the blue training session? 'Cause if so, Hookfang and I will roast all of you at it." Snotlout said with crossed arms.

"As if. Barf and Belch are way better at training than Hookfang is." Ruffnut drawled as she looked at Snotlout.

"They are not!" Snotlout shot back.

"Oh yeah? Prove it." Tuffnut challenged.

"Guys! This isn't a training session." Hiccup explained, which got everyone to look at him as Snotlout and the twins stopped bickering.

"Then what is it, Hiccup?" Fishlegs asked, secretly glad that they wouldn't be doing any training.

"So you know how Kala's third birthday was a couple days ago?" Hiccup asked, hoping that the question wouldn't give away why he asked his friends and sister to meet up at the academy.

"Yeah? What about it?" Ruffnut asked with a raised brow, a look of boredom on her face.

Astrid looked at Hiccup with narrowed eyes, then her eyes widened as she put it together. "No way.."

Fishlegs must've put it together as well as he gasped in shock. "Really?"

Hiccup bit back a smile as he nodded. "Yeah."

"Is there something I'm missing here?" Snotlout asked. "Why are you two so shocked? Kala's three now, big deal. We all know that. We threw a party for crying out loud!"

The twins looked at each other as they put it together, big smirks forming on their lips. "Awesome!"

"Seriously guys, what am I missing?!" Snotlout asked exasperatedly as he looked between all his friends and cousin.

"Well since you seem to be the only one that hasn't put two and two together yet, Snotlout. How about I show you?" Hiccup said as he backed away then turned and rushed out of the academy.