"That's what I thought too", she teases. She picks up something from the passenger's seat of her car. A small package, offering it to me. I thank her with a kiss before I open it. I have to smirk at the content. Spicy vouchers. Mya doesn't know what she got herself into by giving me these. I'll devour her until we're done.

"I love you", I tell her, kissing her again.

She chuckles, one leg coming around my waist, pulling me even closer. "I love you too", she whispers.

I freeze. For it's the first time. The first time she said it.

Three words.

Eight letters.

Enough to unmake and reborn someone.

"You love me?", I ask her surprised.

She only nods. "I hate you too", she adds, ruining the moment. "You make my feelings an apocalypse, I don't even know where to start."

"Start with what you told me seconds ago and we'll see where that leads too", I counter.

She chuckles, ready to tease. "That I hate you?"

"The one before", I hiss, almost craving to hear it one more time, coming from her lips.

She smiles. An honest smile. "I love you."

"Oh sweetheart", I let out, my voice somewhere between Earth and paradise. "You have no fucking clue what you do to me."

Mya chuckles before pressing her lips on mine again.

It's then we can hear footsteps behind us and I see Maddie coming outside. She smiles at Mya, who winks at her and shouts: "Happy birthday again."

"Again?", I ask confused.

"It's not our fault you sleep like a baby", my girlfriend replies. I look at her with an eyebrow raised, reminding her how few sleep I get when we're together. I do not regret it one bit though.

Mya only smirks back at me, knowing exactly what I'm thinking of.

"Mya and I went to grab coffee earlier", Maddie explains. "We have already seen each other today", she adds. Then smiling at my girlfriend: "Thank you for the present, it is amazing."

"I'm glad you like it", Mya replies with a wink.

Then Maddie says goodbye and disappears on the street to grab a cab.

"Did you eat this morning?", Mya asks me.

I shake my head. "I literally just woke up."

She chuckles, making me a sign to enter her car. I do as told, going on the passenger's seat. Mya goes on the driver's one and starts driving down the road, quickly stopping at a drive-in to get me some breakfast. A sandwich and a coffee, a muffin and a coffee for her, and she continues driving as I eat in the car.

"Where are we going?"

"You usually don't have a problem with me driving", she teases. "Last I remember, you wouldn't go out of my car."

"Still won't", I assure her smirking.

"In that case", she replies. "Your birthday awaits."

~

Mya has a set of fancy clothes in her trunk.

Like constantly.

For I asked her if she had to go home and change for the Family Day, she said she has all she needed. And how right she was. In her trunk lies an all-Chanel outfit ready to go, makeup bag and heels included. I was surprised to see she also has a shirt, a pair of jeans and some white sneakers for me, just in case.

Mya parks the car in front of a building and we step outside, me letting her lead the way.

"So I obviously faced a challenge", she begins, as we're walking hand in hand through the parking lot. "What can you plan for your morally grey boyfriend for his birthday? The time was also an issue, given the fact we have to be back at school in a few hours." We enter through a door and she leads me to a reception. "But I came with the perfect solution: Laser tag."

I raise an eyebrow at her. She nods. It's then I let it all out. I smile. And lift her up in my arms, spinning her around once. "I love you. It is perfect."

She's smiling bright, seeing how much I mean every word. "I really hoped you'd like it."

"I-", I begin but a new voice interrupts us.

"You must be Miss Cunnan. Your time slot starts now."

Mya nods thankful at her and I gently place her back down on the ground, so we can walk towards the arena.

"We're fighting against other strangers coming here to play", she explains me on the way. "Laser tag in two would be boring, so we now can make a team and fight against others. There are three other pairs."

I nod, already knowing Mya and I will be the best.

After some crew members gear us up with vests and weapons, they go through a briefing. I have the time to assess my opponents. A couple probably in college, duo made of a father and his probably twelve-year-old daughter and two grandmas coming to play.

I have been basically raised with the instinct to fight.

"So, are the rules clear?", the man named Ross who gave us the briefing asks.

They all nod, I only stare. Mya has to laugh a bit at that.

Ross gives us the signals to go to our marks, then begins the game.

It's clear Mya knows what she's doing. The way she focuses on her target before she shoots, the way she goes in hiding exactly at the right times. She's brilliant.

"Have you done this before?", I ask her, wanting to know everything about her.

Mya looks confused. "Playing laser tag or holding a weapon?"

"Playing laser tag", I begin with the easy one.

She nods. "Yeah, I sometimes come here with my family and some friends."

"Holding a weapon?", I continue.

She nods again. "One of my uncles loves them. And besides, my Dad owns a security company. Kinda hard not to."

She looks out and shoots someone, the sound of points starting to sink filling the background. As she's resting with her back against the wall, she can't help but notice me staring.

"What?", she asks me amused.

I can't look away. Nothing looks interesting anymore, now that I saw her. "You look so fucking hot."

I press my body on hers, her back leaning against the wall. I start kissing her collarbone, her chest rising and falling from laughter and shaky breaths.

"I don't think those are the rules of laser tag, Ashton", she teases.

I shrug unbothered. "Haven't been a big fan of rules anyway."

She stops before she lifts up my chin with her fingers, so that my mouth leaves her neck and meets her lips. We continue kissing, her shooting at people who want to eliminate us from time to time.

Although we didn't do half the shit once has to do at laser tag, we still won.

"Happy birthday, love", she says as we're on our way to a pizza place to grab a bite before the Family Day starts.

I lift her hand to give it a kiss.

Best birthday ever.