Cloudy fullmoon

“I’m a bit sad for the JuiceNet cafe. I loved that place.” I whined into the phone while I lay on my back on my bed. We knew that it didn't go as well as we thought but to think it really closed, a generation worth of grief crushed on me.

“Don’t cry just now. Zane had bought the place.” I heard Rikki’s cheerful voice from the otherside.

“And that is good news?” Skepticism took over me. “Sorry Rikki but I don’t trust your boyfriend to keep it alive.”

“You don't have to trust Zane, you have to trust Rikki.” Cleo spoke in. I was on the speaker.

“Rikki? Why?” I raised my eyebrow.

“I told him that I wanted to run that place if It would save it from closing in and he bought it for me. Now it is mine.” I heard her smile through the phone.

“Oh wow.” I gaped. “You will run the caffe? Rikki, you will drown in work, do you know that?”

“No I won’t. Emma will be there helping me.” She told me happily.

“Imagine Rikki as my boss. I never knew this day would come. The end of the world is here everybody.” Emma joked.

“You will be grateful when you see your next salary.” Rikki took offense. All three of us laughed at her.

“Calm down. Emma, just joking” Cleo quickly went to make peace.

I snickered silently. I always liked to listen to their fights when we were on the phone. Even if I didn't take part in it, it felt like I was with them. The door opened on the girl's side.

“Hi Lewis!” they echoed.

“Hi girls. What’s up?” He spoke

“Lora’s on the phone.” Cleo added.

“Oh, Lora... Lora! Hi!” I smiled at him. He was as scattered as always.

“Lora, listen.” He moved closer to the phone, I assume pushing one of my friends away from the way. “I looked up a few legends by the traits that you had give me. To be honest I found a few matching ones.” he stated

Oh yes. A few weeks ago I told my friends at Gold Coast about my crisis here at Forks. They didn't meet a pale, beautiful, superfast and strong heartbeat-less being like I described Edward and Alice to be, but Lewis promised to do some research for me.

“What do you have?” I sat up on my bed.

“Well it was a mess that I had to get through. These legends tend to go against themselves but if I am right they could be a vendigo, a vampire, a peri…” he started.

“What is a peri?” Rikki cut in.

“Peri originated from persian folklore. They are a beautiful and strong human-like race.” Lewis answered her like a nerdy teacher.

“So basically a non-bloodthirsty vampire.” Cleo summed.

“Why is it that all of them from your list are carnivores? A ghoul? Really?” Emma spoke probably silently reading the list.

“I only worked from the info that Lora gave me. If we could know more I could give a more detailed answer.” Lewis defended.

I listened to them carefully. Vendigo, ghoul, vampire? None of them are good news.

“If we are right about their carnivorous nature I don’t think prying is a good idea.” Emma commented.

“But they act human, don't they? How do they behave at school?” Cleo asked me.