Always moving forward

Moving was as an essential thing in my life. As essential as breathing. I never knew better. If we went somewhere we always left it behind after a few months or a year at most. I got used to it. To be honest, for a long time I didn't hate it. Even i loved it. I always learned something new and interesting. My father Phil Dwyer is an aspiring baseball player and for his career me and my sister had to travel around the world with him. It was fun. I had stories that others in my age wouldn't have. I always marveled in the attention like a traveler bard who brought legends from far away lands. Cause in a way I was. Most of my new friends adored listening to what I had to share. And after a while when they found themselves bored about my stories we were moving again. It never bothered me when they started ghosting me. It was bound to happen. I always found new ones later on. That was until Gold Coast.

That was the place where my whole world changed. Or am I changed alone? I am not sure and to be honest I don't really care. What is important is that I had lost a piece of myself there. I lost my older sister Charlotte Dwyer. I lost my humanity. And when we had to move, now without my sister, I lost my only friends that i growed to really love. My family by the moon, who understood me because we were all the same. Mermaids...

When i had to leave them, Cleo, Rikki and Emma, my heart broke. It felt like i had to grief all over again. Couse what left to me? My sister were gone. My friends were gone. Also they insisted that we will keep in touch and they will call me often but it wasn't like they were actually with me. I left with my absent career obsessed dad who were anywhere but home. It was hard. Very hard.

But of course as everything else this changed too. He met a women called Renée and after a year of dating they got married. Renée has a daughter only a year and a half older than me so in a way i gained a new sister as my father put it. I didn't want to hurt him but the grief made him extremely cold hearted if he could say something like that to me.

On the bright side i had a stable environment in Arizona. Renée and Isabella who likes to use the nickname Bella was nice to me. I got to live with them while my dad went on chasing his dreams. Bella was a bit introverted and we doesn't talk a lot but we get along pretty well. We don't get into each others ways and there isn't any problem with that.

Renée on the other hand was a bit overwhelming. She tends to slip from one thing to the other. She makes impulsive decisions which at the end Bella had to fix. The whole ordeal is tiring. I can't understand how could Bella survived this long next to her own mother. Her new thing that she can't let go is that she wants to travel with my dad but she can't because she is a responsible mother who has two daughters now. Phil's absence caused a lot of harm in our family. It was never a new thing. But the fact that Renée got literally sick in it was a whole new level. So one day Bella had this world changing idea. What if we played the martyr and moved to her biological dad so our parents could live their life freely without us?

As depressed as this was, I agreed. Moving was a solution and at least Bella had a second option who would take care of her. Not like me... Her father Charlie was overjoyed that his daughter wants to live with him. He even took the fact pretty well that he has to watch over a complete stranger girl that is his ex-wife's step-daughter.

After a month of preparing it was time to leave. I helped packing to Bella as she never moved before. Lucky girl. After we cleaned her room I went to mine. I didn't had much work to do as I was a pro in packing in advance. My only slowing factor was a phonecall from Australia. I jumped excited to pick it up.

"Hello!" I greeted excited.

"Is Alora Dwyer there?" I heard Rikki's sarcastic voice from the other side.

"Who else would be here, you ding-dong." I replied mock offended. With one hand i continued packing my suitcase. Now that my other hand was occupied my folding was a bit messy but manageable.