27. Cold Liam

When Harmony's elbows slipped, she thought she'd fall off the balcony and that would be the end of her.

But when Liam stepped in, it took her a few seconds to process the fact that she was still alive.

Feeling his hands around her waist, as they stood body to body, her heart raced with fear and she tightened the grip around his neck with her head on his chest.

For a few a while it didn't seem that he would let her go and he breathed just as hard as she did. She had never heard him breathe like that before and she believed it was because of what almost happened.

Feeling safe in his arms because he saved her, she held onto him much longer, which was the same thing that he did and her lips curved into a smile as she closed her eyes.

Suddenly, he dropped his hands from her waist and took a step back, causing her to drop her hands from his neck and take a step back as well.

She needed to compose herself before they would make eye contact or else he would see just how much she couldn't stop smiling, so she pressed her lips together.

But when she finally looked at his face so she could thank him, his eyes were red, as if he was disturbed.

"Is everything okay?" she asked.

"Just be more careful next time," he said, looking to the left and away from her. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, thanks. But I can't say the same for you," she said, moving to the left to look at his face.

But he looked away again and exhaled deeply.

"I just have a lot of work to do so I'll see you tomorrow," he said, already pushing the glass doors open.

That being so sudden, she raised her eyebrows as she followed behind him.

"Wait!" she called out to him.

He stopped in his tracks but didn't look back at her, telling her to help herself to what was in the fridge later on if she felt like it, or order whatever she would like.

He then walked to the door in a hurry.

When she called out to him again, not once did he stop. He even slammed the door after stepping out.

Once she was alone, she slumped back on the sofa, wondering what was suddenly wrong with him.

He seemed more disturbed than her and she felt it should've actually been the other way around.

Even when she thought that it might just have been something that wasn't related to her, she still didn't like how he just left her like that.

An hour later, she began to accept that he wouldn't come back until the following day.

She didn't even know where to find him, so she sent him a text just to ask if he would be on the same floor, but he didn't even reply.

When her phone suddenly beeped, she thought it was finally a reply from him, but it was just a message from Blake, demanding to know what was going on because she was so curious.

To get her mind off of Liam's unexpected change in attitude, she called Blake and started by telling her the unforgettable moments on the private jet.

"Whoa!" Blake exclaimed from the other end of the line. "You mean to tell me you felt Liam's dick on your ass?"

"OMG! Don't say it like that!"

"How else am I supposed to say it? You felt his cock on your butt?"

"You know what? Don't say it any other way," Harmony said, shaking her head with a scoff.