A Day Off

After that eventful day, your feeling of boredom came crawling back. You sat behind your makeshift repaired counter that could falter any moment, with your feet propped up on the frail top.

Reading a magazine, your glanced boredly wonders over to Saber, who seems to be silently sitting on the couch, watching TV. Though she may not show it, you could tell that she's just as bored as you are.

"Oookay, it's clear that we both have nothin' to do. So until some divine intervention happen, let's go out." You said, causing Saber to look over at you.

"Yes, a good idea." She replied.

***

And just like that, you and Saber are now shopping in a clothing store, you're picking out some simple yet good quality clothing pieces for Saber as per her own request, whilst also looking for stylish garments for yourself.

Just then, Saber seems to pick up on something as she had her guard up.

"A servant and a master is nearby, although I doubt they'll attack us in broad daylight, It's better to be on guard, Y/N." She said with a serious tone.

You looked towards the entry of the shop, only to find Rin and her servant Archer. She seems to noticed you right away, and legitamently marched up to you like an angry animal.

"What are you doing here?!" She asked rudely.

"... Shopping. What? I can't shop now?" You replied.

"You got me worried! I thought there will be another pair of a master and a servant! But thank god it was just you and Saber..." She said before breaking into an annoyed sigh.

"Is this girl serious?" You thought to yourself. "Okay... then hooray I guess." You remarked before turning to look at Saber, who returned your gaze with an unsure look.

"I'm sorry for the inconvience, Y/N. I'm sure you and Saber were quite alarmed too. Rin was going into the store to possibly identify a master, but now we know that it was just you and Saber." Archer said.

"Oh shit, bars. But nah, I was actually kinda hoping for a fight. But I don't mind though, it's whatever." You replied with a soft smirk.

Saber then walked up to your side, holding the clothes you had picked out for her and a template.

"Y/N, I want to know of this... waterpark." Saber said, holding out a template for you to take.

You took it and read through it.

"Huh... well, looks like they're doing a grand re-opening of the old place. And the entrance fee is not expensive too... hmm..." You looked at Saber with a grin. "Ya wanna go?" You asked, which earned you Saber's pair of green eyes lighting up.

"Yes, those people in the picture seems so joyful. I would like to experience it." Saber replied.

Rin then snatched the template out of your hand, and read through it as well.

"Well I'm going with! Someone has to keep an eye out on troublemakers like you!" Rin pointed a finger at you, which you push aside with your own.

"Aww, If you want a date you could've just said so! Alright, we'll meet infront of this store at 2pm. Don't be late~" You said to tease Rin, you could tell from a glance that she's easily flustered, and oh boy how right you were.

As you make your way to the register to pay for the clothes you had picked for Saber, (you didn't find anything you like) you could see Rin in the background, face as red as a tomato, blushing out of embarrasment. She seems irritated by your incompetence, and poor Archer had to endure the second hand embarrasment he's getting from his master.

***

Later that day, at 2:00 PM, you and Saber arrived, finding both Rin and Archer already there.

"Holy shit, it's still 2, how are you two here already?" You asked, baffled.

"Heh, I always arrive 10 minutes earlier than scheduled." Rin said pridefully, which earned a cartonish sweatdrop from everyone.

"Whatever, let's go! I'm pumped!" You said, throwing your fist up into the air.

About a few minutes of walking later, you all arrived at the waterpark, change into your respective swimming suits, and enjoyed yourselves.

It would came to a point where you and Saber were playing with the bound water guns, and then suddenly got attacked by a stream of water. You turned to face the doer, and who would've guessed? It's Rin and Archer.

"Saber, were goin' on full assault! No mercy!" You exclaimed, pointing towards Rin and Archer like a commander giving out orders.

"Understood!" Saber replied, aiming the water guns at them, and then a full on war happened.

***

The sun was about to set, as all of you are now walking down the street. Turns out, having a fun day with Rin and Archer was not such a bad idea. Despite Rin's bosst nature, Archer seems to be doing fine. You know you wouldn't, you don't like to be bossed around.

But then it came to the time where you four part ways. Rin and Archer left as you walked back to the office with Saber.

"That was fun huh?" You asked.

"... Yes, it was. But..." Saber paused, causing you to raised an eyebrow at her. "I can't tell if they'll end betraying us or not." She finished.

"Well, only time will tell. For now, let's enjoy ourselves." You said with smile.

Saber smiled back. And that was the end of that. However...

When you both reached the Devil May Cry office...

You both were suprised to see that...

The office...

Was destroyed, burned to the ground...

To be continued...