S3C Chapter 10: New Splatfest Jitters

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): Yeah, I was listening to some last night. Honestly, I'm pretty impressed.

Frye: Of course you would be. Deep Cut are the freshest out there!

Shiver: We've had plenty of years to practice our superiority.

Big Man: Ayy. (I do a pretty good job if I say so myself.)

Shiver: Now the real question. Are ya ready to hear the new song we have prepared for the Splatfest?

(Y/N): It's a brand-new song?

Frye: Of course it is! If we're gonna go out on a grand stage like that, we've got to hit their ears with the best we have to offer!

Shiver: Big Man spent a lot of time getting the music to come together just right and not like a mess and clash of tons of different noises.

Big Man: Ayy... Ay! Ay. (I didn't think I was going to make it at some points... but it turned out great! All thanks to Frye's idea.)

(Y/N): Frye's idea?

Big Man: Ayyy. (Frye had the idea to take old traditional school songs and dances so they could be combined into something entirely new.)

(Y/N) turned to Frye, impressed at how she came up with such an interesting idea for their music.

(Y/N): I've got to say, it's a Deep Cut original take that I'd be excited to hear.

Frye just smirked and had her arms crossed and eyes closed while looking very proud of herself.

Frye: Sometimes my genius is... it's almost frightening.

Shiver: So, ya think you're ready to hear how it sounds?

(Y/N): Are you sure? If it's a new song, wouldn't it be bad if it got out beforehand?

Frye: Naaaw, we trust you. Besides, we need to practice it a bit anyway since it'll be the first time we'll be performing it for people. It'd be great to have a bit of reception for what to expect.

She said while shaking her shoulders up and down while leaning in close to him.

(Y/N): Okay, yeah, I'll admit, I am excited to be the first one to hear it.

Shiver: Excellent! Big Man, set up the equipment while we get ready.

Big Man nodded while going to get everything set up in the room they used to practice music in, due to its thick walls.

Frye: Also, ya might want to hold onto your socks, because we're definitely gonna blow them off!

She said with a hop and a skip that made (Y/N) smile at the excitement of it all as they made their way to the room.

~~~

The three hadn't even broken a sweat while practicing the song, aside from Big Man who was clearly anticipating (Y/N)'s reaction to the song he put so much work into

Frye: Well, whaddya say?

Shiver: Killer, isn't it?

(Y/N): What do I say?! It was amazing! It's got a sound to it that I can't explain and sounds so unique. And when the chorus kicks in, it all immediately blends together perfectly!

Big Man sighed in relief having heard such a positive outcome and was finally able to relax.

Frye: Woah, that's a lot of words. Didn't take ya for such a musical nerd on top of being a technology wizz.

(Y/N): I just got to understand a bunch of this sort of stuff. I had some friends who were big on music, so I ended up learning about the stuff a good deal.