"Princess your bath has been prepared...King Jude has required that you don't enter the ball tonight."
Lucy was already prepared for this, that's why she made a previous arrangement with Aquarius, another one of her maids. She would trade Aquarius her pair of crystal earrings and in return, Aquarius would send Natsu the message to meet Lucy at the end of the Garden maze, when the clock strikes midnight.
Virgo picked out a lovely sheer blue gown for her, it was bedazzled with gems and rhinestones and had thin beading delicately draping around the center, she was certain it would glisten beautifully in the moonlight. She was even more so certain that Natsu would be glad to see her. They had so much to catch up on.

=========================

Natsu

Natsu arrived at Starfell much later in the evening. He was hesitant about showing face at this ball. After all, he would be visiting a family that abandoned his so cruelly.

Ten years the war went on, ten years, and not once did Starfell assist their so-called 'allies'. Not once did they send funds or troops. Yet here they were profiting off of his victory throwing a big party in his favor. Where were all these people when his mother was held for ransom and murdered? It would appear all the rumors Natsu heard about Jude Heartfilia were true. He was a stingy man who chose to spend money on gambling and whores rather than a real cause. He would attend the ball solely to send a message to Jude and his daughter. A message that they did not have an ally in Draconia. Natsu was a headstrong prince who didn't beat around the bush. After his message is received he likely won't visit this country ever again.

He departed his carriage in a swift moment making his way to the ballroom. He knew his way around this castle like the back of his hand.

"Your grace." Many greeted him upon arrival. He saw familiar faces, not any of whom assisted him in battle.

"A toast everyone to the return of the prince and to the victory of Draconia in the decade-long war!" King Jude cheered loudly from the top of the castle mezzanine. "To victory!" He shouted

"To victory" Natsu had a shot at that, mostly because he knew he would need to feel buzzed to deal with these stuffy people.

"Your Grace, We celebrate your safe return." Spoke a familiar voice to him. He spotted an old friend of his. Duke Loke of Alextre. Alextre was a smaller commonwealth on an island slightly west of Starfell. Natsu recalls spending some summer days with Duke Loke on his Island as a child. He wasn't surprised when Alextre never assisted in the North war. Alextre wasn't a Lucrative island it simply didn't make enough money to provide any use in a war. And the troops of Alextre, used to the heat of the equator, wouldn't survive a day in the harsh cold of the north.

"How have you been Loke?" He greeted casually.

"Phenomenal truthfully. It's looking like I might be the next King of Starfell if King Jude doesn't have a son." Loke excitedly explained. Natsu raised a brow at this. How would the Duke of a tiny commonwealth become the king of a major country? Did he plan to marry Lucy?

"How do you intend to become King?" Natsu asked.

"We-well, I haven't proposed yet but I'm preparing to Marry Princess Lucy." He started sheepishly. "I just need her father's approval. I spent so much of the spring here learning the ropes with the King, I feel like he's almost preparing me for marrying his daughter and taking over the responsibilities of the kingdom."

Natsu nodded his head, "That's excellent Loke, congratulations."

"Yeah and check this," Loke said as King Jude walked towards to two men, "King Jude, pleased to make your acquaintance," he said in perfect elegance. The King brushed past Loke choosing to instead pull Natsu into a tight embrace.