𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗜𝗩𝗘

CHAPTER SIX: the dive

────────────────
( this is gonna be a short chapter since it's a shared moment between Andre and the reader)

The day after yesterday, I sat in nancy's car with Andre as we were headed to go check on Eddie. Vecna had claimed another victim last night, so now there were only two more he needed to kill— for whatever he had planned, I don't know what it was.

Andre and I were in the backseat, Andre wore a black and orange varsity jacket with a black jersey underneath and some loose jeans with some nike mid '77 high top blazers and white socks.

As Andre sits next to me, he shows me the magazine he was reading. It was a OMNI magazine, it talked about science, speculative fiction, art, all that stuff.

"Creative right?" Andre asks, I lean over to see what he was talking about, I nodded in agreement and let my eyes scan over the various art and science.

The car slows down, we stop somewhere— I unbuckle my seatbelt and made my way out of the car, Andre followed and I saw yellow crime scene tape, was I right? had vecna claimed another victim?

"The roane county line received a call a little after midnight...reporting a homicide here on the lake."

Me and Andre looked at each other before looking back at the crime scene.

"Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of lover's lake about ten yards from that house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, an 18-year-old senior from Hawkins high, Patrick McKinney. His limbs...his body, it was disfigured...there was an eyewitness on the scene...we have also identified a person of interest. Eddie Munson. We encourage anyone with information to please come forward."

"Shit." I whisper and lock eyes with Andre again who looked just as distraught, now they're gonna assume Eddie was the one who did the killing.

"Dustin, can you hear me? [L/n]? Carter?" I hear eddie's voice come from my walkie and I picked it up quickly, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Eddie. Jesus, are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Nah, man. Pretty...Pretty goddamn far from okay." Eddie answers shakily.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"Skull rock. Do you know it?" Eddie answers in reply.

"Uh, yeah. That's near cornwallis and—" I say but Steve interrupts.

"Garret, yeah. I know where that is." Steve adds.

"Please, just- stay where you are okay? we're on our way." I said and shut off my walkie.

.

.

.

As we were walking through the woods, I was quiet as I had my arms crossed over my stomach. Andre noticed this and bit his lower lip before gathering the courage to speak.

"You feeling alright?" Andre asks. "Weather heavy over there or something?"

"I'm just..trying to remember my good memories, y'know? If our speculation is correct, if vecna moved onto me next, I have to try to find a scapegoat." I say. "I only say this cause it's clear he doesn't need you anymore. you've already found peace, but me? I don't know."

Andre nods as I explain, tilting his head as he continued walking with me. "we can just call in blue monday, that way you won't have to worry about a thing. just keep running, keep running like I did. think about the times when you were happy, I thought about what you said back to me at the cemetery, after knocking some sense into me making me realize how much family I have, I knew I was safe and cared for." he explains.

I nod as I listened to him explain. "I'm glad to have been able to do that for you, your mom is probably proud." I say with a soft smile as I interlock fingers with him.

Andre sees this and also smiles before pressing a kiss to my knuckles and we continued walking.

"I see you, [y/n]. I know you." Andre replied while his gaze lowered to the ground. "so if you ever need to vent or talk to me about anything? just know I'm here, an ear for an ear."

I nod, "mhm, I'll keep that in mind."

Andre looks away and sheepishly smiles, his hand resting over mines as he continues walking. we were back together, it was just never clarified yet, I'm probably delusional or whatever but..I cared about him, a lot.

"So, we back together or..?" I ask.

"What? We weren't?" Andre grinned as he chuckled, but then he nodded. "We never broke up, at the time I was just tryna get things into place. but, yeah, we've always been together. I'm not going anywhere, I told you that."

Right, we'd always have each other.

.

.

.

END OF CHAPTER SIX