𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗗

CHAPTER THREE: the case of the missing lifeguard

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

CHAPTER THREE: the case of the
missing lifeguard

(I'm gonna make it 'black and red'
meet in the west)

────────────────

The next day I had woken up to head to scoops ahoy with Andre right on my trail, he had wore a different outfit today. He had worn a long sleeve bage multicolor patch jacket with a black t-shirt underneath and a silver cable chain necklace with a pair of straight black jeans with white converse, he still had on that same red watch.

He was currently in the back of scoops ahoy, pacing around and staring at the white board which had Russian written on it.

I sat in a chair reading one of my favorite books, Andre had his milkshake in his hand which he was taking sips from. He was writing down the previous words that came from the recording, his long curly hair getting in the way of his face.

"'Tread lightly'..'tread lightly'." Andre whispers over and over again until a knock came from the back door, he walks over and answers it before the delivery guy came with a package.

"Deliver for you." The man says and Andre takes the package while giving the man a small smile.

"Thank you." Andre said kindly before he looked at the man's shirt which was labeled 'LYNX transportation'. Then he looked at the man's hat which was also labeled 'LYNX'.

"Have a nice day." The man says after Andre had finished signing whatever he had ordered.

Andre nods slowly. "Yeah, you too." I glanced at him worriedly, thinking something was wrong.

"You..okay?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow. Andre doesn't answer and instead hurried out the door when he looked behind the man's shirt.

"Silver cat." Andre said. "Silver cat. Robin!" He shouted as he ran back inside the back room of scoops ahoy, she turns to him and I had followed after him.

Damn Andre and his long ass legs, those are like a curse sometimes.

Andre got on top of one of the benches and so did robin, the both of them now back to back. "'A trip to china sounds nice'. A trip to china sounds nice. A trip to china sounds nice—" he then sees the Chinese restaurant and points at it, Robin gasps as she looks down at her notepad.

"'If you tread lightly'. If you tread..." Robin gasps again as she points at a nearby store. "If you tread lightly."

"'When— when black and red meet in the west." Andre says and looks at his red watch, his eyes widening realization as he looked at my black jacket I had on and then looked also at the black and red arm on the clock too.

Me, steve, and dustin walk up to robin and andre.

"What are you doing?" Steve asks.

Andre and Robin looked at us, "We cracked it." Robin says.

"Cracked what?" I asked with a curious gaze.

Andre stepped down off the bench and so did robin as she grinned. "We cracked the code." Andre finally answers.

.

.

.

We were now on top of the roof of the mall, I had on my black hoodie and andre had on his red hoodie. We sat close to each other as we watched packages being unloaded off a truck.

Andre had his own set of binoculars, it was raining pretty hard but I had my chin on Andre's shoulder, letting him see through his binoculars.

"They're with whistling guy, ten o'clock." I heard Dustin say, I hold Andre's hand– I only did this when I nearly panicked almost.

"What do you think's in there?" Steve questioned as we continued watching them unload packages. Andre rubs his thumb over my knuckles as he shrugged from Steve's question.

"Guns, bombs? Who knows." Andre said before lowering his binoculars. "Maybe even chemical weapons."

"Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth." Dustin said as thunder echoed in the distance.

"Great." Steve sighs as he rubbed a hand over his face. "That's great."

That's when I perked my head up and pointed towards something. "Hey- what's in there?" I asked.

"It's just more boxes." Dustin answered.

Steve turns to Dustin and reaches for the binoculars, "let me check it out." He says as he tries grabbing them.

"No, I'm still looking." Dustin replied, tugging the binoculars away from steve— at least trying to.

"Lemme see it." Steve demanded.

"Hang on-!" Dustin slightly shouted but suddenly the binoculars dropped and a loud thud was heard, making the guards at the entrance look our way.

Andre curses under his breath before speaking in a low hushed tone. "You two are so dumb, dumb as hell!" He scolded as me and him ducked down along with Robin.

Andre held my hand and gently squeezed it, I was breathing heavily as I held his hand close, blinking a few times— hoping the guards didn't see us.

Steve pointed towards a door and we quickly crawl our way over there, all of us. Andre held my hand as we both hurried off the roof.

We were drenched in nothing but rain. "Well, I think we found your Russians." Robin said, we walked down the hall in a fast pace.

.

.

.

END OF CHAPTER THREE

❪ 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍 ❫जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें