29

There he is, his betrothed, the man he loves more than anything in the world, lying in a pool of his own blood.

He runs to him, his tears nonstop as he kneels at his side. He takes his hand and kisses it.
"No, no, Doyoungie. I'm not ready for you to leave this world, I'm not ready to live my life knowing you aren't breathing somewhere, happy, somewhere. Please don't die?" He begs.
Doyoung looks at him with a fondness he hasn't seen in ages.
"Taeyong, my love. I'm so sorry. I never should have left you. I'm so sorry." Taeyong weeps as Mark, Haechan, Jeno and Renjun stand around them.
"Shh, don't be sorry, just don't leave now, please? I can't live without you." He kisses his face and lips. Doyoung savors it as his breathing is more labored.
"I should have trusted you, I should have let you take me then." Doyoung whispers. Taeyong feels a small bit of hope rise in his chest.
"Doyoungie, my baby, please let me. I Can save you. I Can make all of your pain go away." Doyoung looks softly in his eyes.
"But living isn't worth it if I don't have you." Taeyong shakes his head.
"You will always have me. I will always be by your side forever. I love you, please?" Doyoung gasps as the pain sharpens and the blood oozes out more.
"All you have to do is tell me you want it and you can be with me forever if you choose." Doyoung stares into his eyes. He sees nothing but love and kindness and he doesn't know why he ever left this lovely man in front of him.
"Yes. I want to be yours forever." Taeyong smiles through his tears and readies himself.

"Can you clear the room please?" He asks of his brothers. They both nod and get to work.
"Everyone please leave, the show is over. The perpetrator is still at large, grab a trusted friend and exit please. Quickly." Surprisingly everyone listens and soon Jeno is closing the exits and locking the doors.
"All clear." He yells out.
Taeyong kisses him once more on the lips.
"Are you sure Doyoung? Is this really what you want?" He nods but he's losing strength quickly.
"I love you Taeyong with all my heart. Please never forget that." Taeyong shakes his head as he carefully straddles his body.
"I won't forget, you will tell me every day." Doyoung smiles as he loses consciousness.
"Taeyong, you need to hurry." Jeno says softly. He nods and leans down and carefully bites into his flesh.
He drains as much blood as he can while still feeling a faint heartbeat.
He has to take enough for his heart to stop, then wait and hope it isn't too late.

He pulls out and stares at the lifeless body of his love. He looks at the pool of blood that is soaking into the wood of the floor and cries. He doesn't know if it will work and he's terrified.
Renjun and Haechan are hugging each other. They don't know Doyoung well, they only know he is Taeyong's love and their hearts are shattering as they watch, helpless to do anything.
Mark kneels down and squeezes Doyoung's wrist, waiting for even the faintest sign. Jeno kneels down and holds Taeyong who is still straddling his lover.
"Wait, it's there. He's got a pulse. Now we just need to get him some blood. He needs to feed." Mark says in a very serious tone as he tries not to scare Taeyong anymore. He honestly knows all of this but his worry is clouding his judgement.
"My place is closer. I have enough stored that he can have." Mark offers. Taeyong nods hopefully.
"Ok, ok, let's go. We need to carry him out."

Taeyong tries to stand and pick him up but he is too weak with worry so Jeno lifts him. Renjun takes Taeyong's hand and walks calmly with him. Mark wraps his arm around Haechan's waist. He is obviously shaken up by this whole experience.

When they arrive at Mark's they take him to his bed and Mark goes to his special refrigerator in his pantry and grabs a couple pints. He snips the end off one bag and they carefully pour just a little at a time into his mouth. Taeyong can only lay by his side and hold him while Mark does the work.
"What can i do? I wish there was something I could do?" Renjun asks softly. Jeno just hugs him from behind and kisses his neck.
"Just be here for Taeyong. That's all we can do now." Renjun nods. He pulls Jeno closer to Haechan who is stood frozen to the doorway and pulls him into his arms. Jeno hugs them both to him as Haechan starts to cry.
"Shh, it's ok, Haechanie. Everything will be ok." Renjun whispers.

"I feel it. Oh my god, I feel a heartbeat." Taeyong says as he goes to lay his ear on his heart and listen to every last beat. He rips the remaining layer of clothes off his top half and gently rolls him to his side.
"It's healing. Oh my god! It worked, he's healing. I love you guys so much. I wouldn't have been able to do this alone. Thank you so much." Mark hands him the second bag.
"Your turn. Take care of your man. Then rest with him, you both need it." Taeyong nods, still wiping the tears from his eyes.

Mark walks over toward Haechan who melts into his embrace.
"Are you ok sweetheart?" He asks softly in his ear. Haechan shakes his head no.
"I could have lost you. He saved your life. If he wasn't there I..." Mark kisses him gently on the lips.
"I'm here, you didn't lose me. You won't lose me." Haechan hugs him harder and smells his sweet scent.
"I love you Mark Lee, you are my world."