16

When Renjun wakes the next morning he feels empty. He looks around and sees he has gone. He looks at the clock and sees he has time for a shower so he lays his clothes on the bed and enjoys the hot water. Haechan doesn't mind. He always runs his own hot water at a low temp to conserve energy and keep his bill as low as possible.

After washing thoroughly he gets out to the steamy bathroom. It's so nice and warm. He dries his hair with a towel and wraps another around his waist. He opens the door slowly just in case but doesn't see anyone. He quickly dresses and walks downstairs to see Jeno sitting on the couch.
"I thought you left?" He says quietly.
"I did, early, to shower and change and now I'm back to drive you." Renjun shakes his head.
"You didn't have to waste the gas on me. I could have gotten up earlier and went with you." Jeno smiles.
"I know, but you were sleeping so peacefully and I would rather waste gas than disturb you." He resigns himself just to accept his behavior.

"I'll put your transfer papers through immediately for Friday. He will know so be prepared and like I said. If you need anything..."
Renjun touches his fingers to Jeno's lips.
"I'll call, you or text you. I promise." Jeno has to catch his breath. Renjun is going to be the death of him.
He agrees not to walk him to his office. He worries about people thinking he's getting special treatment.

He happily starts his day, he can't help the smile that never leaves his lips. He stares at the flowers on his desk and wonders how just yesterday he was telling himself not to fall for a man like Jeno. A man way out of his league but he makes it impossible. He never once made him feel bad about his living conditions or the fact that he is just an administrative assistant or in simpler terms, a secretary. He's only known him a short time and never planned on getting too close but he has successfully sucked him in with his sweet ways.

"Renjun." He hears from behind him as he's caught day dreaming.
"What? Oh yes sir, did you need something?" He is glaring daggers at him, making him uncomfortable.
"You are transferring? You've only been here a month?" He asks, clearly irritated.
"Is it because you are fucking one of the owners? That Jeno, has always been a player. I can't believe that you fell for his sickeningly sweet ways. He's just using you. Don't be a whore and fuck your way to the top." Renjun can't help but cry. To hear such awful words come out of his mouth.
"No, it's not like that. Mark wanted me on his team. Jeno just took me to lunch to discuss it. If I'm offered more pay I'm going to take it." Chanyeol scoffs.
"Keep telling yourself that." He shakes his head disgusted and walks back into his office, slamming the door behind him.

Renjun walks out of his office to the bathroom to wash his face and get ahold of himself.
"Jeno wouldn't lie to me. Would he? He's always been so kind. Is he really a player?" He whispers to himself. His mind is reeling but his heart knows the truth. He has slept in the same bed as Jeno twice now and not once did he try to take advantage. He knows deep in his heart that he would never hurt him.

He shakes it off and starts to walk back, he wants nothing more than to be happy like before while he was working but asshole kind of killed his mood.
He gets back to his work, making copies, sending emails and whatnot, his mood still down. It's almost lunch time when his phone lights up with Jeno's contact. He smiles softly.
"Hi." He says quietly.
"Hi. I wanted to see if I could accompany you to your lunch room today, or would that be too much?" Renjun smiles widely.
"It would be great actually." Now Jeno is beaming.
"Nice! I'll be down in a few, do you want me to meet you, or?" Renjun loves how considerate he is.
"It would probably be best to meet me there." Jeno agrees and readies himself for lunch with his prince.

"Where are you off to?" Mark asks with a smirk evident in his voice. Jeno turns with a bright smile.
"I'm going to lunch." Mark hums.
"I'd be willing to bet it's with Renjun?" Jeno nods and walks to the elevator. Mark shakes his head with a smile, finally Jeno is happy again.

As Renjun sits at a table for two he's trying to hide his nerves. This will be the first time they are really seen together in the company, he doesn't want rumors to grow but he's trying to tell himself not to care. This is Jeno. He's special, he's worth the rumors if they work out. If they don't then he will have to re think everything.
"Hi, Mr Huang, are you ready to get lunch?" Jeno asks, keeping formalities for his sake. It actually makes him giggle as he stands.
"Yes sir." He sees the people gawking , some in shock that Jeno is eating on their level and some just for the fact that he's with Renjun. He is torn by how he feels about it. In one way it's unnerving but in another it's almost satisfying, like when you are the loner in school and day dream that your idol will come to your class and call you out. You would be the envy of everyone, and of course Jeno is as handsome as a model so it makes it even better. He tries to just focus on him and their lunch and not get too caught up in his feelings. He's just happy to be with him.

They sit again, facing each other, Jeno offers a small smile.
"If it's not too hard, can you tell me what he said to you? I'm sure it wasn't pleasant if I know him." Renjun clears his throat and wills away tears. Jeno offers his hand which helps, forgetting they are being watched by everyone.
"He said that you are a player and that I should not have fell for your charms. Then he said I shouldn't fuck my way to the top like a whore. He accused us of having inappropriate relations but in a harsher way." He looks up to see Jeno seething and squeezes his hand.
"It's ok. Being with you now makes all the bad feelings go away." Jeno nods but can't speak. He is beyond angry.

"Oh would you look at this? Isn't this inappropriate behavior for a boss and his employee?" Chanyeol says loudly, gaining attention from other workers.
"You are this close to being fired for inappropriate behavior yourself so watch your tongue." Jeno seethes.
"We are having a working lunch which is none of your business."
"That explains the hand holding." Jeno stands abruptly his eyes boring into the other.
"I was comforting him after his boss called him a whore." The crowd gasps.
"I suggest you turn and walk out of this lunchroom now before things get ugly." Chanyeol reluctantly backs down but something in his eyes tells Jeno this is far from over.

He looks around the room to see all eyes on them.
"Go on about your business." He says sternly. Every head drops to look at their plate, not wanting to piss him off further.
He looks to Renjun to see him staring at his food.
"Hey, are you ok?" He shakes his head no.
"I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused." He says sadly. Jeno lifts his chin.
"You've caused nothing. The only reason he is still here is because his father is on the board. This right here is grounds enough to fire him without his father stepping in." Renjun nods but still can't stop crying. Jeno stands and leads him out to the nearest conference room and holds him tightly. He allows his to cry it out before he speaks again.
"Clean out your desk. We will make your move today. He will be fired by the end of the day anyway."
Renjun tearfully nods and walks out.
He takes a few deep breaths and hopes that he can move quick enough to not have to see Chanyeol again.