4

The day of the attack.

"I'm going to the factory to check in on some things. Some of the books aren't adding up. I want to campare theirs with ours." Jeno says to Taeyong at the end of their daily briefing.
"Oh? You have a suspicion?" He nods.
"I think someone is skimming off the top but I need to be sure before we try to investigate." Mark chuckles.
"I never did trust that accountant. He's too nice." Taeyong laughs.
"Im Nice. Do you think I'm shady?" Mark shakes his head.
"You are my brother, Sehun is a dick. A thieving arrogant dick." Taeyong gives him a look telling him to quit.
"Ok, I'll be going now. Don't wait up." Jeno chuckles at his own joke and walks out.

He drives through the city in his black  Mercedes, weaving through traffic expertly with a classical symphony piece playing loudly through his speakers. He loves these peaceful drives. The factory is located on the edge of the city, it's neighborhood not the best but he has no fear.

He exits his car, his suit expensive, making him stand out, his car too good for the lot it's sitting in but alas it's theirs. He makes a mental note to have a contractor come through one day to upgrade the conditions. It isn't horrible but there are places for improvement.
He walks in and is immediately met by a floor supervisor who offers a tour.
"Hello, Mr Lee sir. Can I offer you a tour of the plant?" He nods with a smile.
"Should I call the office and let them know you are here?" He shakes his head no.
"This is a surprise inspection. Please just show me around?"

The reason Taeyong and Jeno are usually the ones to do this kind of work is because they have ways of making people feel comfortable.
Taeyong has a cute smile, round boba eyes and could pout like there is no tomorrow. Jeno has this pretty eye smile that melts hearts, sharp jawline, and slender but muscular physique. Mark could be all of those things but he chooses not to show it. He could be cute, and sweet and funny with an infectious laugh but he chooses to keep that part of him hidden away.

He asks to see anything that needs attention. New equipment, chairs or stools, new floor mats or vending machines.
The people working are so focused on their work that they barely notice him. He smiles, knowing this must be a good crew.
"Ok, if you think of anything else you guys need, let your boss know. He can give us a list. I've been looking into making improvements for our employees. Thank you for your time. I'll see myself to the front office."
He makes his way to the gray door marked for employees and exits the noisy area for the quieter hallway.

He walks slowly toward the offices, not really in a hurry. When he gets outside the door he feels it, a feeling almost more euphoric than sex. It's a calming, tingle that spreads through his body.
He pauses, his mind and heart racing in his chest. He knows exactly what this means. His mind reels with the possibilities until he hears a blood curdling scream from the other side of the door and the feeling turns into a burning sensation through his veins.
His reflexes are quick, he tries to open the steel door but it's locked so he kicks it in with a force no human could. What he sees makes the burning turn to fire as he rips the fat old man from his victim.
He's boiling hot as he pounds his fist relentlessly into his fat face. Not a word is spoken as he continues his assault.

When he hears a small whimper from behind him he stops, he looks in the eyes of his helpless, betrothed and feels his heart rip as he watches him fall to the floor. He quickly goes to him and assesses the damage done and sees blood and other nasty fluids pouring from his stomach.
He picks him up in his arms and carries him through the corridor to his car.
He drives as fast as he possibly can to get this poor thing to the hospital. Fuck the police, he will deal with the consequences later.

Surprisingly they make it without any interruptions and he rushes him into the ER.
The doctors quickly asses him and one of the nurses recognizes him enough to remember his name. She quickly gets his history for the doctors then Jeno.
"His name is Huang Renjun. He is uninsured and still owes money from before but of course we will still treat him." She reassures. Jeno frowns.
"Give him a private room for recovery." He says in a matter of fact tone.
"Oh no, I'm sorry sir, he can't pay for that. He will have to be in general recovery." He shakes his head. Anger building as he whips out his credit card.
"Pay his previous bill and keep my card on file for when he's done here. He will stay as long as it takes and will not leave until he is completely healed. If I hear otherwise, there will be hell to pay." He says with gritted teeth. He knows she is just doing her job which is why he hasn't completely lost his shit yet. She nods and types in the information.
"Thank you sir, would you like me to call his emergency contact?" He nods.
"Yes of course." He walks to sit in the waiting area.

He spends his time talking with police and calls the factory to inform the next in charge that they are now without a boss but the position will be filled as soon as they find the right fit. Someone had called the police saying the man was attacked and he's on his way here via ambulance without a police escort. He watches as a caramel haired man who looks the same age as him rushes in, in tears. He runs to the nurses desk and starts explaining what happened just as he sees that fat disgusting man being rolled in on a stretcher.
He calmly walks over and informs the hospital staff that the police will be here for him soon and that he will be brought up on assault and attempted rape charges.

As he looks back to see the worried friend pacing the floor as he waits for Renjun to get out of surgery, he is comforted knowing there is someone there who cares for him and decides to stay with this man until police arrive so he can give his full account of what happened.

When he gets back to their corporate headquarters downtown he goes straight to Taeyong's office, knowing he will be the one who understands everything.

"Hey." He says as he walks in unannounced.
"Hey, wow you look like shit." He nods and sits across from his desk in the chair provided.
"Tae, I found him." He frowns, to his knowledge Jeno wasn't looking for anyone.
"My betrothed."