12

Jeno looks up after a soft knock on his door before it opens.
"Yes Giselle? I'm busy, why didn't you call?" She smiles shyly.
"I brought you something. It's just a little something sweet for you." He sighs. She's been trying to get in his pants for the longest time now.
"No thank you. Now please excuse yourself." She giggles as his eyes roll to the back of his head.
"Ok. Close your eyes." He sighs.
"I said no thank you, now if you want me to remain polite, I suggest you leave." He has been on edge lately and doesn't want to deal with her shit today.
"Oh but Jeno, don't you feel it? We were made for each other."
"No." She pouts, trying to be cute. He doesn't fall for it.
She shrugs and walks around the side of his desk before she pins him in his chair and presses her lips to his. His hands go to her waist as he tries to push her off as gently as possible without hurting her.
But just when he's about to finally have enough and throw her to the ground he feels it. For a split second he thinks maybe there could be more than one betrothed he kisses back as his body tingles.
But just like that it's gone.
Just when he finally manages to subdue her and push her away he hears Taeyong walk in.
"What the fuck are you doing Jeno?" He scowl's.
"What do you think I'm doing? I'm being attacked." Taeyong sighs in frustration.
"Giselle, unless you want to be sued for harassment, I suggest you pack up your things quietly. Your services are no longer needed."  She puts her head down and walks out.

Taeyong walks over and puts the envelope in front of Jeno.
"What's this?" He asks looking through it.
"That is the money that you gave to Renjun." He frowns.
"But how did you?" Taeyong sighs.
"He just left. He was going to bring it to you but he came back and said you were busy." Jeno pales.
"Oh fuck! That's why, shit. How will I ever get him to even like me if he thinks I'm." He rubs his face in frustration.
"Win him over. Do sweet things for him but don't step on his pride." Jeno scoffs.
"I never see him, how will I do that?" Taeyong chuckles.
"Well, Jeno my boy. He works here." Jeno's jaw drops.
"Wait, what?"
"I said he works here. He's been here for a month. Apparently he just found out that we own the place because he came up here ready to fight me for getting him the job." Jeno chuckles.
"Cute." He says softly.
"He works on the tenth floor. Administrative assistant to Chanyeol." Jeno's eyes widen.
"No. Get him up here! You just fired Giselle, he can take her spot." Taeyong shakes his head.
"I'm concerned too but with his pride, I don't think it will be an easy task. And, he looked upset when he left." Jeno frowns.

"I checked his status, he is out for the rest of the day. Tomorrow you can start putting on the charm and I'll see if I can get Mark to convince him to work up here. I think he would take it as more of a friendly gesture that way." Taeyong says as he walks to the door.
"Ok. And hey, don't let on to Chanyeol that he is my betrothed. That will only make him hungrier." Taeyong nods and goes back to work. Jeno tries but his mind is reeling, heart aching. He wants to see him, touch him, be with him. He has to do his best to get on his good side.

His first task is to buy flowers and have them delivered to his desk. For now though, he searches for when he goes to lunch. He will try to spark a conversation with him.

Renjun is feeling a little better. He's glad they weren't scheming to get him a job. Even though he knows they have good intentions, he can't take any hand outs. He still doesn't know what to think about the compromising position Jeno was in with that secretary. He doesn't know why it affected him that way. It's not like he has feelings for him, he barely knows him. Although he does think he's quite handsome and he did save his life that day. But he knows in his heart that he isn't good enough for someone of his stature. He's a multi billionaire and Renjun is just Renjun.
He decides to stop thinking about him. It's best that way. He needs to stop fooling himself into thinking he has an actual chance with him.

The only problem is, when he lays in bed and closes his eyes, he sees him. His mind races with all of their encounters even though it isn't a long list. Sometimes he even imagines what it would be like to be held by him, touched and kissed by him. These nights get him into trouble.
He's a little envious that Haechan and Mark have been spending so much time together, but again it's not his place. Haechan is more suited for a man like that, he's just Renjun.

His thoughts have him spiraling downward. His heart aching for something unattainable, he's not sure that he even deserves love anyway. He ends up crying himself to sleep. Something that only happens when he lets his emotions get the best of him.

When he wakes all puffy eyed in the morning he deeply regrets his lack of control the night before. He quickly washes his face in cold water. He really doesn't want to go in looking half dead but he has no choice.
He dresses in the new suit Haechan bought him as a gift for making full time. He has a hard time accepting things given to him but this was a gift from his brother. He throws on his coat and starts walking down the street.

As he rounds the corner a nice black car pulls up to the curb, he watches as the window rolls down.
"Hey, I was on my way to pick you up." Mr. Park yells out the window. He frowns. This is a bit unsettling, he never gave out his address.
"Oh, it's ok. I like to walk." His eyes bore into his own.
"I insist. After all, I came all this way." He swallows nervously.
"Ok, but just this once." He reluctantly gets in and buckles his seatbelt. He is stiff as he sits as close to the door as possible.
"Lighten up. I'm not going to hurt you." He smiles awkwardly.
"I just think this is inappropriate and you shouldn't do this again. What would the other employees think if they seen us?" He chuckles.
"Let them think what they want." He says with a shrug.

The ride goes on awkwardly. The silence is deafening to Renjun, although Mr. Park looks like he's having a great time.
When they finally make it to the parking garage Renjun thanks him and practically runs to the elevator bay. The last thing he wants is to ride up with him.
He gets lucky and the doors close before he can get there. He sees him smirk and shivers run down his spine. He only hopes no one seen them.