Part 25: Meeting Lockhart's

Mulai dari awal

Oh god!! Can I kill this guy first before he kills me? Because, he totally drives me mad with his sneaky questions!!

"Eli, I think you should stop now." Ayden spoke out.

"Stop what?" Mc Kellen asked acting innocence.

"Stop scaring him, of course. Do you realize that you're acting like a kid right now?!" Ayden said monotonously.

I was smiling all the way when Ayden took my side instead of his bodyguard.

"Yeah! How old are you Mc Kellen playing such a trick? Do you think I can easily being fooled? Besides, Ayden will never do me any harm." I spoke proudly and confidently.

I took a peek at the rear mirror and Mc Kellen had gave up on staring daggers at me.

Hehehe. I have won.

"Are you questioning about yourself?" Asked Ayden insinuating.

And, I was left with nothing to say. Ayden would always be the party popper, never let me indulge in happiness of winning against Mc Kellen for once.
...

It's been 10 minutes since we passed the forest and now, my eyes had been served with a very tempting scenery which is a lush green field on my right side, it is such a breathtaking.

And then, from a far I saw a mansion that is built so beautifully and luxuriously.

I wonder who belongs that mansion.

Later on, Mc Kellen took a right turn and then the car passed through a huge gate with an arch written; L O C K H A R T.

Lockhart?!

I read the name on the arch and find it familiar somehow.

"Ayden aren't your surname is-

Before I finished my words, Ayden interrupted it by saying, "This is my family house."

My eyes rounded, I was in surprised after hearing Ayden revealing about the place he taking me to.

Not to mention the mansion that I was mesmerized just now belongs to his family.

"You-your family ho-house?!"

Of course I would be stuttering. Imagine coming to your in laws house without knowing that is your in laws house. We are talking about meeting the family of your partner unprepared!!

"Yeah. This is my family house. Sorry I didn't inform you sooner."

"Isn't that too late for that?" I said it half-hearted.

"You're the one who agreed to follow me, and I never force you into it. Are you regretting coming with me and are you not going to come inside?" Ayden said while looking at me with puppy eyes.

Hell no! I would say no to him. Now, he's being cute like this with me, oh god! Please bear my heart.

"No! No! That's not what I meant. It's just that we are talking about meeting with your family...and I should be more prepare...like wearing a nice suit and bring some souvenirs."

"What are you talking about? You're already in your nice suit and regarding the souvenir... there's the thing about our family rule, which is we never bring souvenir when visiting each other...only guests would do so. And, you're not a guest but you're a part of our family."

Just listening to Ayden reasoning, I'm able to calm down a little bit.

"Okay, fine. If you said so...then, I will try my best to make your family love me."

For the first time, Ayden gave me such a genuine smile which melted my whole body.

"Let's go then." Ayden said while reaching out his hand towards me.

I was stunned for a moment when Ayden reacted like that to me.

"Are you going in or not?" Ayden asked while anchoring his eyes into mine.

"Of course, I'm in." I said cheerfully and grabbed his hand gently.

Of course, I would take a quick glance towards Mc Kellen who was standing next to Ayden just to see his reaction.

I pulled a smirk at him and he curled his upper lip in disdain.

My heart is dancing right at that moment.
...

Then, both of us walking hand in hand heading towards the main door of the mansion. Just about two steps away from it, the door was being pulled open from the inside revealing an early middle age woman in a housemaid uniform welcoming us into the house.

"Good afternoon, sir Ayden." She said with a broad smile while ushering us inside the mansion.

"Good afternoon, Betty." Ayden replied.

"Good afternoon, Betty." Mc Kellen said from behind us.

"Oh! I'm sorry, Eli, for not noticing you. I was captivating with sir Ayden's fiance."

I slipped a chuckle upon her daring comment.

I like this lady.

Ayden also let out a small giggle. "Betty...you always have a good eyes when it comes to a man."

"Are we going to stand here and talk all day long?" Mc Kellen spoke out with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Hahaha. Today is not your day, Mc Kellen.

.......................
Wed. 240124. 2349