Chapter 4 : nightmares

Start from the beginning

I get to her floor after drying my hair and putting on a cozy outfit. I knock on her door but she doesn't answer me. Maybe she's asleep, it's really late after all. I was about to leave before I heard some weird noises coming from her room. "Nat?" I ask as I enter. She jumps out of bed, she looks like she just had a nightmare.

"Amber?" She asks, confused. "Are you okay?" I ask as I close the door and walk closer. I see sweat on her forehead and sadness in her eyes. "Oh it's nothing, I'm fine." She gets up and goes into her bathroom but she leaves the door open. "Stop lying to me," I say softly.

"Are you getting these nightmares again?" She doesn't answer me so I go to the bathroom. She's fully naked in the shower. "Ambs," she yells before I turn around to not look. She looks even better than I remembered. "Sorry, sorry." I say and she gets out of the shower. She grabs a towel and tells me that it's fine now. "You know, if you wanted to see me naked, you just had to ask." She smirks as she looks at me in the mirror.

"Let me help with the nightmares," I say as I cross my arms on my chest. I try not to stare too obviously but her wet hair and gleaming body are making that very difficult. "I don't want to talk about them," she tells me that she wants to change so I get out of the room.

"You don't have to talk, just let me try something." She gets out of the bathroom, fully dressed. She walks to the bed, where I was sitting. "Okay," she says to my surprise. "Good, lay down." I sit next to her. "Close your eyes," I instructed but she looked at me with smirky eyes. "Amber," she says with a raspy voice. "Just trust me and close them," she smiles lightly before closing them.

I put my hands on my knees and try to sense her emotions. I try to channel a meditative and calming state. I focus on taking all the stress and pain away, replacing it with soothing emotions. After a while, I sense that she's drifting off into a deep sleeping state.

I get up to leave her room but she grabs my wrist. "Can you stay?" I look at her, her eyes are still closed. "Are you sure?" She pulls me into bed with her and she puts her arm around my stomach. "Yes," she says while drifting into sleep again.

-

I wake up to the sounds of men, fighting and laughing outside. I reach by my side but the spot is empty. I get up to look through the window. Thor and Stark were having a stupid competition on who looked better in the iron man suit. "God," I say while laughing. The door of the bathroom opens and I turn around. "Nat, I thought you left." She rubs her eyes and yawns. "Really?" She asks as she gets back into bed. "Well, don't you have training?" She lays down and throws the blanket to cover her whole body.

"You know, I just had the best sleep in forever." I sit on the bed and look at her sleepy eyes. "That's nice to hear." She smiles before yawning again. "I think you should go back to sleep, you look like you need it."

"I told Bruce I was gonna go back to the lab to help him today. I will let you sleep." I was about to get up but she pulled me on the bed and got on top of me. "Don't forget we have training today. You had a couple days off when I was gone but we need to get you prepared." I nod but all I can think about is how lovely her eyes look and how soft her lips are. There's a million things I would love to say to her but for now I just enjoy how she makes me feel.

"Sure. Can I go now, miss Romanoff?" She bites her lips and looks me up and down. "Not quite," she says before strapping my wrists on the bed. "Oh, I see. What else can I do for you?" I ask with a smirk. She instantly rolls her eyes playfully before pulling me into a kiss. We start slowly and delicately but then I need more. My tongue works faster and more passionately. Our breathing is erratic and all I can think about is that only her has made me feel this way.