Strike One

Kay

"Hold up so your telling me Janet blackmailed you to gain complete control over all your money?" I laughed dryly. I knew as soon as I met Janet at the launch party that she wasn't shit.

Ty simply nodded.

"Why would you want to serve her divorce papers?"

Ty looked at me like I had lost my mind. "What type of question is that Kay?"

I rolled my eyes. "You have to get your money first."

"And how the hell am I going to do that?" Ty said looking at me sideways.

"Watch your mouth." I said.

"Watch your tone." Ty quickly shot back.

Ty and I stared at each other before we both started smiling. He licked his lips and I knew I had to quickly change the subject before I let my lust take over.

"How did you even get involved with Janet?"

Ty gave a frustrated sigh before he began to explain.

"We started dating in highschool, but towards the end of college I just wasn't feeling it anymore, but that's when she got pregnant. I guess she started to see that we were drifting apart because she always said she didn't want kids, but she decided to keep it. I didn't want to raise a child in a broken home so we got married."

I looked at Ty. I was still confused. "Wait so you have a child?"

"No. Janet terminated her pregnancy as soon as we finished saying our vows."

I rubbed Ty's back as I watched a single tear fall from his right eye.

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, me too." He said then began to pull out onto the road.

We rode in silence. I kept sneaking looks at Ty. I adored his strong jaw, soft pink lips, and brown eyes. Why did this man have such a strong emotional pull on me?

"Something on my face?" Ty asked.

I could tell from the grin on his face that he was only teasing. He knew that I was admiring him. I smiled.

"I was just wondering why your head was so big."

Ty smiled. "Which one?"

I threw my head back and we both began to laugh as Ty pulled up to his long driveway.

"You can't divorce Janet, at least not yet."

"I just want to be done Kay." Ty looked deep into my eyes

I placed my hands on the side of his face, and returned his look. "I know, but you can't let her do this to you."

"I don't have a choice Kay."

I smiled at Ty. "Baby there's always a choice. Just trust me. Cancel those divorce papers."