022

Next Day

Andre Alex Taverez | 22
📍Millsborough Avenue

Entering the kitchen seeing Chiara seated around the island eating a bowl of cereal, she lowly kiss her teeth when I walked past her to pour myself a glass of orange juice and I mentally sigh

She try nuh start wid me enuh... notice mi a avoid her.

"But a you one a malice she deven mention the baby ting and you vex bout it"

"Good pussy mek the man talk him own secret"

My subconscious getting the better of me I angrily slammed the glass of orange juice I was drinking on the counter.

Shit

Moving towards the paper towel to clean up but she beat me to it.

"Come out from in yah wid you problems yer cause suppose you did mek dat cut mi" she kissed her teeth.

Not answering, I exit the kitchen to roll a spliff.

"..."

"I'm sorry but I can't be no stepmother to two, I'm unsure if I want kids but I'm damn sure I don't wanna give my child to someone else's baby daddy" she spoke joining me on the patio.

I'm pretty sure she pregnant right now so mi nuh know wah she a talk bout.

Ignoring her, I take a pull from the spliff that was in my hand, I release the excess smoke in the open before putting it to rest on the wall.

Walking through the sliding glass door, I find the stairs making my way up to my room removing a small brown envelope from the cross bag I was wearing.

"Read wah dat seh" I spoke handing the envelope to her when I went back outside.

Watching as her eyes scan the paper, I pick up the spliff, lighting up so I could finish it and roll another one.

"But last night you said-" she finally spoke.

Moving to pull her in for a hug, she lay her head on my chest.

"Last night mi did high Chiara but mi know from the get go seh him anuh mine. The age nuh add up and the day when we do the first DNA she did adamant fi we go fi her doctor clearly so him coulda rig the test but cause mi did just wah get it over with mi do wah she did wah... and the days dem weh mi disappear a fi spend time with him and that's when mi do a second DNA" I explained.

"So everything else weh you say last night a did cause you high?" she pull out of my hold to look at me.

"No"

Liaddddd

Mi nuh know if mi did mean it but mi say it

"So she know say you know?" She ask